RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UCONN wins BET. Char Char MOP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mirage32

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:17 pm    ::: UCONN wins BET. Char Char MOP Reply Reply with quote

Wow!!!

Spinderella had 13 points and 11 rebounds and was huge in the second half...I think she had 10 pts/5 rebounds in each of the other 2 games.

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good for Charde!

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Montgomery and Charles on all-tournament team, along with Angel and Bingham from Louisville and Mercedes Walker from Pitt.

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage32 wrote:
Montgomery and Charles on all-tournament team, along with Angel and Bingham from Louisville and Mercedes Walker from Pitt.

Something is drastically wrong with Maya Moore. She simply disapeared for 3 straight games and did virtually nothing. It's like it's not even the same player we saw for 30 games.

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Mirage32 wrote:

Something is drastically wrong with Maya Moore. She simply disapeared for 3 straight games and did virtually nothing. It's like it's not even the same player we saw for 30 games.

Freshman under pressure?

Mirage32

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ZoCroSixPence wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Mirage32 wrote:

Freshman under pressure?

Maybe a little bit of that. This was an extremely physical tournament and Maya took a pretty big fall on Sunday. I think teams are going to get physical with her and see how she responds. Twelve days off should help her.

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
Mirage32 wrote:

You know, I was thinking the same thing bart. At first I thought it was maybe some pressure, but after watching tonight I wonder if she has something wrong physically? She wasn't getting after it defensively like we're used to seeing, but she was most noticeably absent on the boards. There were times when the ball was right in front of her and she just didn't (couldn't?) get to it. Didn't even jump. She wasn't getting off the floor well at all and she just wasn't her usual disruptive self. You just don't go from Big East POY to almost non-existent for no reason. I hope it's just the jitters Confused

Congrats to UConn on the tourney win, but if they play the way they did tonight going into the NCAA's, it's gonna be a looooooooong way to Tampa. Here's hoping some time off can get everyone back focused and playing some better ball.

EDIT: Forgot to say congrats to Charde!! It was good to see her step up and really take charge down the stretch like a senior is supposed to. Good stuff.

- Diana Taurasi

Last edited by thatGAgirl on 03/11/08 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 03/11/08 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage32 wrote:
ZoCroSixPence wrote:
ucbart wrote:
Mirage32 wrote:

Freshman under pressure?

Maybe a little bit of that. This was an extremely physical tournament and Maya took a pretty big fall on Sunday. I think teams are going to get physical with her and see how she responds. Twelve days off should help her.

True. Could also just be fatigue. Hopefully.

- Diana Taurasi
mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/11/08 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mirage32 wrote:

I love Renee, and without her Uconn doesn't win the Big East Regular season.

But she did not belong on that team. She padded her stats a bit when the game didn't count anymore. Honestly, if a Uconn guard deserved to be on the team, it was Swanier.

PostPosted: 03/12/08 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to UConn, especially because they withstood Louisville's charge in the 2nd half.

patty42669

PostPosted: 03/12/08 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ummm....I would guess Maya's not playing up to par in the tournament came from injury. Remember the crash to the floor caused by Epiphany Prince pulling her down on a breakaway in the last regular season game?

PostPosted: 03/12/08 4:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://blogs.courant.com/sports_uconn/2008/03/womens-baske-19.html

Just read in this Htfd Courant sports writer's blog that, yes, Maya is still sore from the Rutgers fall. The days off will do her good.

BIG-TIME CONGRATS TO CHARDE!

thatGAgirl

PostPosted: 03/12/08 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tangle3156 wrote:
http://blogs.courant.com/sports_uconn/2008/03/womens-baske-19.html

Just read in this Htfd Courant sports writer's blog that, yes, Maya is still sore from the Rutgers fall. The days off will do her good.

BIG-TIME CONGRATS TO CHARDE!

Thanks for the info tangle.

- Diana Taurasi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: