RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

duke vs maryland
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spikeybedhead

PostPosted: 03/10/08 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Good win for Duke. I hope they can rally around this win and use it to make a nice tourney run.

re: the pound it in to Chante Black strategy. I'm not sure why I think this, but I think Chante would be more comfortable/productive being the #2 option on offense.

Maryland is just not deep enough, and with the graduation of Harper/Langhorne this year--this might be a do or die year for Toliver & Co, as they won't have as polished/talented a frontcourt as they do this year. Kizer will be a freshman and Mingo didn't see much time this year.

What's the deal with Strickland?

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 03/10/08 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
And surprise, surprise, suddenly these same players who looked slow, befuddled and untalented in the tractor offense, now look like tough as nails, skilled competitors.

So is this how McCallie "coaches for March"??? Make the players look totally stupid through the regular season and suddenly in the post season, let them play with a REAL offense? Sheesh.

Well on to the Championship Game!!

I didn't get a chance to watch the game, but it seems like the players decided to take fate into their own hands. They are far too talented a group to be where they're at now. Hopefully, this means a good showing in the tourney. But I think they're still vulnerable.

Maryland will be a little down next year because their experience post play will be gone, but so will North Carolina. It may turn out to be Duke's year.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 03/10/08 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Maryland will be a little down next year because their experience post play will be gone, but so will North Carolina. It may turn out to be Duke's year.

Actually, I think Virginia has a chance to win the ACC next season. They bring back one of the best starting frontcourts in the league (Littles and Mohammed) and return two of their starting three guards--one of those being the fabulous Monica Wright. Their only significant loss just happens to be the all-time ACC assists leader. Confused

Mathies to LA 2013
spikeybedhead

PostPosted: 03/10/08 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Actually, I think Virginia has a chance to win the ACC next season. They bring back one of the best starting frontcourts in the league (Littles and Mohammed) and return two of their starting three guards--one of those being the fabulous Monica Wright. Their only significant loss just happens to be the all-time ACC assists leader. Confused

UNC will still have Breland who is tough and very talented. Add McCants + DeGraffenreid and you have a talented core. One that doesn't smile and looks like they're in complete torture when out on the floor, but a talented core nonetheless.

The only thing holding Virginia back is on the mental side. They have all the tools necessary, and Monica Wright is indeed fierce, fabulous, and flawless.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/10/08 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

spikeybedhead wrote:
The only thing holding Virginia back is on the mental side. They have all the tools necessary, and Monica Wright is indeed fierce, fabulous, and flawless.

They're also held back by their coaching.

PostPosted: 03/10/08 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
spikeybedhead wrote:

They're also held back by their coaching.

So is Duke.

But I guess, what can you expect from a conference where Hatchell wins COY...

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 03/10/08 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"what can you expect from a conference where Hatchell wins COY..."

That is WAY too true...as I said, this is the first year when Duke got out-coached by the Hatch. We've been beaten by the Heels, but never before out-coached. And Queen Syl knew it too...and thus the exhuberant post game celebration (following their win in durham) that involved toilet paper and police...

~rAf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: