RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Summitt dislocates shoulder in raccoon encounter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mandih23

PostPosted: 03/07/08 7:41 pm    ::: Summitt dislocates shoulder in raccoon encounter Reply Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/wcbk/story/7886262?MSNHPHMA
Quote:
Summitt had taken her golden Labrador out for a walk Wednesday night when they came back to find the raccoon on the deck at her home.

"I momentarily lost it," Summitt told WBIR-TV in Knoxville. "The raccoon was about to attack. I just knocked it off the deck, and fortunately nothing happened but a dislocated shoulder, and it's back in place."

Confused

PostPosted: 03/07/08 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So Pat will take on a wild racoon but won't take on Geno and the Huskies Laughing

In all seriousness, she's lucky she didn't get bitten. Get well soon.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
So Pat will take on a wild racoon but won't take on Geno and the Huskies Laughing

How did I KNOW before I even scrolled down to the second post that someone would say that?

Good grief. Rolling Eyes

mercfan3

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:

In all fairness Taurasi said she wants to swim with sharks, but would prefere not to take a charge from Catch. Wink Although, I think most woud prefer to take on a racoon instead of taking a charge from Catch.. Wink

seriously, I'm glad Pat is okay. And also I'm glad the dog is okay..

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Excerpt from Maria Cornelius's Scout column...

Quote:
Cait McMahan and Angie Bjorklund were on the way to church Wednesday when they collided with a car on Alcoa Highway. Summitt was on the way home and came across the accident scene. She stopped she said she saw her players outside the car and realized right away that everyone was OK.

Nobody was hurt in either vehicle Summitt said the players were not at fault in the wreck and Bjorklund, who is cleared to play Friday, and McMahan made it to church afterwards. McMahan is taking a redshirt year this season to rehab her knee.

Summitt continued home to prepare to leave Thursday for Nashville. She was taking out the trash, accompanied by her dog, Sally Sue, when they encountered a very large raccoon on the back deck. The raccoon and the dog began to tangle, and Summitts first instinct was to protect her pet.

Summitt delivered a forearm shiver to the raccoon, knocking it well off the deck, but she dislocated her right shoulder in the process and had to be treated by the Lady Vols team physician, Dr. Rebecca Morgan.

Im fine, Summitt said. Its just sore.

Grumps

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
Excerpt from Maria Cornelius's Scout column...

Quote:
Cait McMahan and Angie Bjorklund were on the way to church Wednesday when they collided with a car on Alcoa Highway. Summitt was on the way home and came across the accident scene. She stopped she said she saw her players outside the car and realized right away that everyone was OK.

Nobody was hurt in either vehicle Summitt said the players were not at fault in the wreck and Bjorklund, who is cleared to play Friday, and McMahan made it to church afterwards. McMahan is taking a redshirt year this season to rehab her knee.

Summitt continued home to prepare to leave Thursday for Nashville. She was taking out the trash, accompanied by her dog, Sally Sue, when they encountered a very large raccoon on the back deck. The raccoon and the dog began to tangle, and Summitts first instinct was to protect her pet.

Summitt delivered a forearm shiver to the raccoon, knocking it well off the deck, but she dislocated her right shoulder in the process and had to be treated by the Lady Vols team physician, Dr. Rebecca Morgan.

Im fine, Summitt said. Its just sore.

Grumps

One question, who was driving?

Grumps

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ZoCroSixPence wrote:

Not sure, but my guess would be Cait...

Grumps

ZoCroSixPence

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Grumps wrote:
ZoCroSixPence wrote:

Not sure, but my guess would be Cait...

Grumps

That my guess to

ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 03/08/08 1:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
ThreeBall25 wrote:

How did I KNOW before I even scrolled down to the second post that someone would say that?

Good grief. Rolling Eyes

Notice the Laughing at the end of that first sentence? It was a joke. Uptight much?

sunnydeefan3

PostPosted: 03/08/08 9:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The mental picture that this line creates is just hilarious to me Laughing
Quote:
Summitt delivered a forearm shiver to the raccoon

I can just see it going flying...I've seen her when she gets mad, and I'm sure there was definitely some strength behind that shove:)
Here's hoping that Pat's shoulder gets better as soon as possible, because the NCAAs are stressful enough for coaches without them having to worry about residual injuries from fending off a raccoon Laughing

"Taurasi has boundless energy and is still -- even during the national anthem, she is bouncing side-to-side. She frowned when informed that she was actually a calming influence with her words. "I say it in a fiery way, though," the Phoenix Mercury guard said."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/21/AR2008082103333.html

"If there ain't basketball in heaven, then I ain't going." - Diana Taurasi

It is what we learn after we think we know it all, that counts. " - John Wooden

Phoenix Mercury 2007 WNBA Champions
bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 03/08/08 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:

The raccoon might not be rabid.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: