RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Maryland @ NC State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiChi

PostPosted: 03/02/08 12:26 pm    ::: Maryland @ NC State Reply Reply with quote

Senior day for Khadijah Crying or Very sad .

We need a miracle, Maryland is not a good matchup (understatement), especially in the post. At least we're ending on a high note... Maryland is a fun team to have at Reynolds (mind you I will be bitter for a few hours after the game if they blow us out).

The Pack would need KD to stay out of foul trouble, and someone besides KD and Shayla (Nikita? Chanita maybe? Bueller?) to come up big.

Not happy Gloria Brown is gone Evil or Very Mad.

On a personal note, I've given up trying to be TV free for the past few months... yippee. The fun part was it made me go to games I wouldn't have otherwise. But, as much as I love the Pack, I do kind of want to see other teams too, especially since our season will not be extending into the NCAAs, barring a miracle today.

I'm off...

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 03/02/08 1:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Brenda's there!?!! Yay.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 03/02/08 2:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, she won me $10! Never bet against coach b is my motto

LakotaStorm

PostPosted: 03/02/08 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Anyone else notice the male announcer say that Toliver was a senior? If you are going to be announcing a game at least do your home work; at least about the very simple thing.

Toliver was asked:

Quote:
Aside from playing basketball, what is your favorite thing to do/hobby?
Continuing my dream of becoming a professional whistler.

Just what does a whistler do and is there a big market for it?

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."

"My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors."
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 03/02/08 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LakotaStorm wrote:
Anyone else notice the male announcer say that Toliver was a senior? If you are going to be announcing a game at least do your home work; at least about the very simple thing.

Mike Hogewood covers the ACC regularly. He knows KT is a junior. Slip of the tongue. (He actually did it twice.) You can fault his ability to speak on live TV perhaps, but he knows who the players are.

waterloosunset

PostPosted: 03/02/08 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, when he did it twice, I figured it had to be a typo on his roster sheet or something. In any case, Antonelli made a big point of saying "the JUNIOR..." when she referred to Kristi in the second half.

Much credit to NC State for keeping in the game -- they played hard for their senior day, and made it worth watching.

ChiChi

PostPosted: 03/03/08 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So in conclusion, good times were had Cool, but we lost 76-64
Congrats Maryland...Langhorne and Harper are amazing, I almost feel bad for Maryland... to be losing them both sucks!
Hard to say goodbye to Khadijah, but the youngins showed some moments. Like all season their moments of brillance are rarely coordinated at the same time, but they're there, and my faith is growing Cool

Proud of Shayla, she never gets talked about like the big team point guards, but she's always steady for us. Shayla held her own against Toliver, who looked pretty frustrated all game, even when they had a good lead. Kd was hacking and coughing before and after the game which had me nervous about her health for the ACCs. But she had a pretty good game offensively (she went to her left and shot from outside successfully, must have heard some haters Wink ok it was only once). Definitely got beat by Langhorne on defense.

Some pictures:
http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/ncsu/photos/story/977411.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: