RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers will wear PINK in Knoxville - see Photo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/07/08 11:10 pm    ::: Rutgers will wear PINK in Knoxville - see Photo Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers Women’s Basketball to Sport Pink on Monday
By Rutgers Athletics: February 7, 2008

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 02/08/08 1:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As a breast cancer survivor, I'm all for the bc awareness efforts.....oh, but I just hate the color pink....I'm going to have to find a very small pink ribbon to wear to Cal's "pink" game Wink

gpark33

PostPosted: 02/08/08 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I love the idea (my mom is a survivor) but that is going to clash big time with the orange (assuming UT and their fans are not doing a pink theme too).

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 02/08/08 9:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"but I just hate the color pink"

As another BC survivor, I have to chime in on this. I have always been "allergic" to the color pink. But I now call it my new favorite color. The "BC pink" is drastically different from the "baby girl" pink. In my experience "baby girl pink" was an emblem for act like a sweet baby girl and avoid all qualities and actions defined (by someone) as being male.

By contrast, "BC pink" is all about surviving strong, proud and defining oneself the way WE want to. It's ALL about breaking out of the baby girl pink box.

When I see ribbons, etc, colored baby girl pink, I move on to the next item. To me, BC pink is vibrant, bright and all the way "out there". The Rutgers uniform pictured in this thread meets every definition for me.

~rAf
beknighted

PostPosted: 02/08/08 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gpark33 wrote:
I love the idea (my mom is a survivor) but that is going to clash big time with the orange (assuming UT and their fans are not doing a pink theme too).

Pat's been quoted as saying she's going to wear pink and I hear they're giving out pink Lady Vols t-shirts at the game, so you may be surprised.

CalwbbFan

PostPosted: 02/08/08 10:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah....I dunno. I think it's just a natural dislike for pink since it was such a girlie color--ever since I was little I haven't liked it...but I think the Rutgers unis will be cool.....it's really great how much attention the event is getting across the country...it's all good.
Very Happy

PS-I have a daughter and her favorite color is pink, so I guess that part of my DNA didn't get passed along. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: