RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

BAYLOR v OKLA STATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/05/08 9:30 pm    ::: BAYLOR v OKLA STATE Reply Reply with quote

Baylor is losing -- big time. Wow.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/gamecast?gameId=280360197&confId=null

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/05/08 9:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They lost their best perimeter player for the season, so this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Mathies to LA 2013
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 02/05/08 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
They lost their best perimeter player for the season, so this is just the tip of the iceberg...

oh yeah - i already forgot. duh.

bullsky

PostPosted: 02/05/08 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This still kind of surprises me. A glance at that chart near the bottom shows that the teams are pretty close in a lot of ways. Plus, (last time I checked) Riley as like 15 points. I expected her to have at least 20-22.

But yeah, losing Player is tough.

PostPosted: 02/05/08 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

77-67 OSU wins

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
tag3

PostPosted: 02/06/08 12:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's the OSU recap, and links for the box score, quotes, etc.

http://www.okstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=200&ATCLID=1383152

It wasn't losing Player that cost Baylor this game. Even Kimmie says so in the quotes. From what it looks like, Reilly had an off night, and the other Cowgirls stepped up BIG, with 5 OSU players in double figures.

Caught a quick glimpse of Kimmie on the news. Her top had (I kid you not) sequins or rhinestones - something shiny in a line from shoulder to cuff on both arms. The tradition of fashion horror continues! Here's Baylor's recap, including a link to the photo gallery which, yes, has a shot of that top.

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/020508aaa.html#

And - hang onto your hats - Kimmie was gracious in defeat! "'I'm one of these coaches that when somebody whoops my butt, it might have something to do with the opponent,' Mulkey said."

Dang - wish I'd been there to see Baylor's Rachel Allison foul out. She's a punk! Plays hard, right to the end. But a punk, just the same. Oh, and a whiner, too.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 02/06/08 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tag3 wrote:

Dang - wish I'd been there to see Baylor's Rachel Allison foul out. She's a punk! Plays hard, right to the end. But a punk, just the same. Oh, and a whiner, too.

Yeah, I wish I had seen it too. I respect her game but don't like it when she's the opponent.

Good to see Ok State get it back and knock off Baylor. With J. Player out, they Big 12 race will be wide open now.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/06/08 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Good to see Ok State get it back and knock off Baylor. With J. Player out, they Big 12 race will be wide open now.

I agree on both counts, fancy_daniel.

Tag, I saw that pic of Kimmie and her get-up. Were those buttons going down her right arm? Shocked Seriously, the woman needs to dial Fashion 911 and get an emergency makeover.

Mathies to LA 2013
tag3

PostPosted: 02/07/08 11:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

I agree on both counts, fancy_daniel.

Tag, I saw that pic of Kimmie and her get-up. Were those buttons going down her right arm? Shocked Seriously, the woman needs to dial Fashion 911 and get an emergency makeover.

Yup, fancydaniel - a wide-open race. And wouldn't it be something if State jumped up and bit EVERYONE on the butt??

I'm not sure what that those shiny things were, bball. But I'm pretty sure that shiny is inappropriate for coaching attire. Other criteria: too tight...too low-cut...and no leather pants, but she didn't get those memos either, judging from past outfits. And the thing is, those horrid clothes are probably expensive, too! Doesn't she have one staffer or friend who has any taste? Is there such a thing as a fashion intervention? She needs one.

I think Saturday's OU/Colorado game will be a good one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: