RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kentucky @ Georgia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowstormxu

PostPosted: 01/31/08 9:33 pm    ::: Kentucky @ Georgia Reply Reply with quote

Kentucky wins, 47-44!

Nice road win for UK. They've looked pretty good in SEC play.

memphis10

PostPosted: 01/31/08 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to UK but UGA just ain't shit right now. I'm not hoping it but I still got a feeling Jawja ain't gonna make the NCAA tourney this year. They're 3-3 in the SEC now and can very well end up 4-10 keeping this up. Landers may have an afro or will be bald by the end of this year. Shocked

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
adamspt2

PostPosted: 01/31/08 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wasn't pretty, but UK will take a win down in Athens any day of the week. Kentucky is now at 5-2 and has a really good chance at winning more SEC games than they did during the non-conference portion of their schedule. Hopefully, the new coach and team are beginning to gel. While UK's shots continue not to fall, they're fighting hard and keeping themselves in games until the end which winds up with a few going their way.

Nice win for the Cats.

~UK~

PostPosted: 02/01/08 7:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Congrats to UK but UGA just ain't shit right now.

They may not be playing like it at times but they were the 14th ranked team in the country. No matter how ugly it was, it's still a 'W' over a ranked team. I'm happy for our girls on a gutsy win!

caune

PostPosted: 02/01/08 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

anyone have a link to the box score?

PostPosted: 02/01/08 8:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Box Score

memphis10

PostPosted: 02/01/08 11:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
memphis10 wrote:

They may not be playing like it at times but they were the 14th ranked team in the country. No matter how ugly it was, it's still a 'W' over a ranked team. I'm happy for our girls on a gutsy win!

Key word here is "were." It's great that UK is gelling excellently with their 1st year coach but ... let's just say I was expecting this type of drop off from Jawja next year.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
~UK~

PostPosted: 02/01/08 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
memphis10 wrote:

Key word here is "were." It's great that UK is gelling excellently with their 1st year coach but ... let's just say I was expecting this type of drop off from Jawja next year.

Yes, I see that you're trying to diminish our win but it still counts as a 'W' against a quality/ranked(at the time) opponent.

It's definitely nice to see the girls playing better considering their poor start and dismal coaching.

PRballer

PostPosted: 02/01/08 1:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Creme doesn't look so foolish for putting Georgia at a 6 seed. The question is, how much farther will Landers and his bunch fall?

Kentucky is an interesting one, kind of like Purdue in the Big Ten. A good conference run could make their season extend through March, possibly in the NCAAs.

How does the rest of the Wildcats schedule look? Does it favor them? I've always felt a good UK program would be good for the game, so I'm pulling for them.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/01/08 1:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Purdue has yet to play Ohio $tate. Those teams play twice. They also have to play Iowa again (lost first time) and at Illinois. I'll say WNIT for Purdue. They're already at 10 losses and still don't have any quality wins.

Kentucky has 10 losses already as well, and they still have to play @ Tennessee, @ LSU, and @ Vanderbilt (a team looking to secure an NCAA bid). @ Arkansas isn't a gimme, either, for this team. WNIT for the Wildcats if they can somehow make it to 0.500.

Mathies to LA 2013
PRballer

PostPosted: 02/01/08 1:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Okay, so let's say things pan out as relatively expected (whatever that means) - who are your Big Ten teams, bball? Minnesota and Ohio State?

Do you even take three from the Big Ten?

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/01/08 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:
Okay, so let's say things pan out as relatively expected (whatever that means) - who are your Big Ten teams, bball? Minnesota and Ohio State?

Do you even take three from the Big Ten?

Ohio State, Minnesota, and Iowa as the "Last team in".

Mathies to LA 2013
PRballer

PostPosted: 02/01/08 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, but let's see talk about this again in early March in Indianapolis.

Indiana or Michigan could make a nice run to the Big 10 tourney championship game. Yes, I said Michigan.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/01/08 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PRballer wrote:

Indiana or Michigan could make a nice run to the Big 10 tourney championship game. Yes, I said Michigan.

Won't need to. The three teams I mentioned, and maybe Penn State if they can turn it around, are the only four teams worth discussing for NCAA berths right now. Barring a miracle or two, this will be the case a month from now.

Mathies to LA 2013
bullsky

PostPosted: 02/01/08 4:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
PRballer wrote:

Won't need to. The three teams I mentioned, and maybe Penn State if they can turn it around, are the only four teams worth discussing for NCAA berths right now. Barring a miracle or two, this will be the case a month from now.

I agree. Though I'd switch PSU with Indiana. The Hoosiers always seem to play well at the Big Ten Tourney, probably because it's held in their home state. Plus, they can play good basketball, ask West Virginia.

PostPosted: 02/01/08 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

adamspt2 wrote:
Box Score

Thanks. carly Morrow is the daughter of a business associate of mine and I like to keep up with her stats Wink

PostPosted: 02/01/08 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
adamspt2 wrote:
Box Score

Thanks. carly Morrow is the daughter of a business associate of mine and I like to keep up with her stats Wink

Carly is going to be a good one for us I think. She's hit a bit of a slump shooting, but she's picking up her defense and had a timely steal and layup (one of UK's few layups that actually went in) in the 2nd half.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 02/01/08 10:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Carly Omerod not playing this year?

adamspt2

PostPosted: 02/01/08 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ormerod has been out (for a while) with an injury to her foot which has really forced Amber Smith to step up in a big way. There's the possibility of Ormerod returning in the next 1-2 weeks. They've also talked about a possible medical redshirt. I kind of think that's doubtful. Ormerod is set to graduate in three years and has talked about going to medical school so I figure next year will be her last regardless of what happens this year. But you never know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: