RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UNC @ Wake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memphis10

PostPosted: 01/31/08 11:56 pm    ::: UNC @ Wake Reply Reply with quote

Any word on the player that collapse during the game?

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/01/08 12:45 am    ::: Brittany Waters Reply Reply with quote

According to her coach, she's fine.

http://wakeforestsports.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/recaps/013108aaa.html

I'm just shocked that Wake was actually in this game (regardless of what the final margin of victory says). Mind you, Roulhac (their starting PG--out for the season with multiple concussion syndrome) has been out since the FSU game.

Mathies to LA 2013
memphis10

PostPosted: 02/01/08 1:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm glad she's OK cuz it didn't look good at all. Now don't tell me you of all people were shocked that UNC's reckless style opened them up for an upset. I just wish Wake would've had better luck because they didn't look that bad at the beginning of the season until they hit ACC play and the injury bug bit them in the arse. Oh well, but I still got $ on either Virginia, GT, or FSU getting the job done. Twisted Evil

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 02/01/08 1:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Thanks, I'm glad she's OK cuz it didn't look good at all. Now don't tell me you of all people were shocked that UNC's reckless style opened them up for an upset. I just wish Wake would've had better luck because they didn't look that bad at the beginning of the season until they hit ACC play and the injury bug bit them in the arse. Oh well, but I still got $ on either Virginia, GT, or FSU getting the job done. Twisted Evil

I'm not too shocked because it's an ACC game and you have to come hard against every ACC opponent. The red flag went up for me because NC State pretty much dismantled this Wake team in the second half of their game last Sunday (and they didn't really hit the three well in that game) and the BC Slow Pokes were able to hold them off after they went up by 10 at the half. Let's be honest. Wake Forest hasn't been that great this season, but they were a lot better when they had Roulhac. With her, I've seen them knock down more threes than an unguarded Steve Kerr at practice. Without Roulhac, they're not WNIT material.

This game just goes to show that the margin of victory would be closer if the Demon Deacons were at full-strength. UNC's inability to consistently hit the three-point shot will cost them ballgames this year and will likely result in an early exit from the NCAA Tournament (ala Ivory Latta's freshman season)! If you can't hit a three on the road against a quality opponent, you're toast. I can see them losing to each of the teams you mentioned (though I doubt they'll lose to FSU at home) and [hopefully] Duke in Cameron this season. Still, that might get them a tie of the ACC regular season crown this year.

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: