RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Job openings for 2008-2009 OR Hot Seat Candidates 2008-09
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmyutah

PostPosted: 01/04/08 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add the University of Arizona to the Hot-seat list, as media and/or athletic administration start to pick up and/or realize their problems there. (especially only finishing with TWO on the court in double overtime loss to Oregon)

She's ran the program into the ground according to most. Had a string of bad luck to be sure.

PRballer

PostPosted: 01/04/08 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bonvicinni obviously had a lot of success building up the Long Beach State program in the 80's (with Cindy Brown and Penny Toler taking them to a couple of Final Fours) and then was hired to breathe life into an Arizona program that hadn't seen much success on the national level.

She took the Wildcats to several NCAA tournaments in the 90's, including the Sweet 16 in '98 with Adia Barnes, but due to the rise of CTT & Arizona State, an inability to keep the top AZ recruits in-state, and some terrible luck with injuries and even tragedy, she's not been able to win for a while.

Might be time for a new coach in Tucson after this season.

timmyutah

PostPosted: 01/27/08 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Matt Daniels is the first hire of the year @ Central Arkansas.

FS02

PostPosted: 01/27/08 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
Unfortunately, we have some good coaches on our staff and it appears they aren't being utilized so there wouldn't be much of a chance he'd do that. I think his ego is way too big to ask for help or admit he's in way over his head.

So how's our girl Wendy Palmer doing? She ought to be able to teach those post players a thing or two...

~UK~

PostPosted: 01/28/08 7:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FS02 wrote:
~UK~ wrote:
Unfortunately, we have some good coaches on our staff and it appears they aren't being utilized so there wouldn't be much of a chance he'd do that. I think his ego is way too big to ask for help or admit he's in way over his head.

So how's our girl Wendy Palmer doing? She ought to be able to teach those post players a thing or two...

Can't say I've seen a lot of improvement in the post but we have one player coming off a couple of knee surgeries and another is a freshman. It continues to be a frustrating year. Rolling Eyes

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 01/29/08 12:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Add Ole Miss to the pot as well. While we all realize and expected a drop off from last year....it's been rougher than we like. Like someone else said, I don't feel like Renee is reaching the players. Andy Landers even said that the team didn't seem like it "wanted to win" when we played GA. He said that was the 1st time he'd seen that and we were much than we are now at times in the past. She has a formidable task in front of her considering last year's run, but I just don't get the sense that they want to play for her. I've also seen where staff has been dropping off as well. Something is really up.....

PostPosted: 01/30/08 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

~UK~ wrote:
FS02 wrote:
~UK~ wrote:

Can't say I've seen a lot of improvement in the post but we have one player coming off a couple of knee surgeries and another is a freshman. It continues to be a frustrating year. Rolling Eyes

Hmm. Well, thanks for the report. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: