RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kansas State @ Oklahoma State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bullsky

PostPosted: 01/27/08 4:29 pm    ::: Kansas State @ Oklahoma State Reply Reply with quote

Wildcats do it again, 68-63, and move to 5-0 on the conference including wins over three Big XII South teams ON THE ROAD.

Shocked

PostPosted: 01/27/08 8:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Its nice to be 6-0 but the next two games for Kansas State will be at Nebraska and then Baylor who is also 6-0 in the B-12 comes to Manhattan. Oklahoma will also play KSU in Manhattan. The Wildcats have their work cut out for them.

Marlies Gipson is playing very well lately. She is making Shalee Lehning's job a little easier. Kimberly Dietz was 0-7 in the first half and scored 20 in the second half. Normaly the Cats spread their points out among several players. Dietz who starts at shooting guard and Shana Wheeler, a reserve post are the only seniors on the team.

PostPosted: 01/29/08 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just saw this game on my DVR.

Unbelievable crowd in Stillwater...It was SO loud.

The PG battle was awesome....its hard to believe Riley is just a soph...everytime the cowgirls built up momentum, the Wildcats hit a big three....Lehning played a GREAT game, she is so cool.

Just a great a back and forth game...and Ill say it again, that crowd was just insane. Shocked

PostPosted: 01/29/08 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When Kansas State is on, they are tough to beat. I thought we had them beat @ Texas but Shalee thought differently.

There strong point in the Big 12 is they beat all the Western Big 12 teams they played so far and the Eastern Division is not as tough to get through.

Don't know whether they can again beat Oklahoma or Baylor for the Big 12 title be consistent enough every night is another question.

giraffespots

PostPosted: 01/30/08 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, the Big 12 is divided up by North/South divisions (with the south being the perceived strong half). KSU is definitely the best in the north division with Nebraska coming up on them. As a result, they have the easiest road to the regular season title.

Baylor, OU, and TAMU all have to play each other twice and now with OSU showing strong this season, there are now 4 in the south tussling it out. Then, add in Texas, who can and will beat you, it makes the South division very tough.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: