RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Virginia Tech @ NC State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
memphis10

PostPosted: 01/25/08 9:13 pm    ::: Virginia Tech @ NC State Reply Reply with quote

State wins 60-50. Whittington became the 4th player in State history to record 1000 points & 1000 rebounds, ya! I like KD but the ubber love fest got on my nerves from Debbie & even more annoying guy. But I shouldn't complain since at least they where talking about the game.
Aside note: Is that Demya Walker in the "She can play" ACC commercial? It's kind of hard to tell when she's not flopping. Shocked Laughing

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford

Last edited by memphis10 on 01/26/08 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/25/08 9:47 pm    ::: Re: Virginia Tech @ NC State Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
State wins 60-50. Whittington became the 4 player in State history to record 1000 points & 1000 rebounds, ya!

Congrats to Whittington on the milestone! Did you catch the answer to the trivia question (the only four 2,000-point scorers in NC State history)? I think Stinson was one but have no clue about the rest (Trice? Melvin?). The game was kinda boring, so I stopped watching with about 12 minutes left.

memphis10 wrote:
I like KD but the ubber love fest got on my nerves from Debbie & even more annoying guy. But I shouldn't complain since at least they where talking about the game.

If you thought the KD love was bad, you obviously didn't see these two gush about Ivory Latta. Wink Hell, they still gush over her even though she's a scrub for the Shock.

To be fair, Debbie went semi-orgasmic when discussing VPI freshman Andrea Barbour. "OMG, she's good, Mike. And she's just a freshman! Are you kidding me? She lets the game come to her. She doesn't force anything. She's always attacking, Mike. She's really good."

Mike Hogewood (the "annoying guy" who does PxP for just about every televised ACC sport--men's and women's) and Debbie A. make for an overkill combination. They're both too amped up for these games (which is good at times, bad at other times). One can only stomach "Oh my!" and "Are you kidding me?" so many times a week. Thing is, they do this EVERY TIME they're broadcasting a game that involves a player they like. And it's not hard to pick up on their favorites. The camera seems to be glued to the players they like throughout the game.

memphis10 wrote:
Aside note: Is that Demya Walker in the "She can play" ACC commercial? It's kind of had to tell when she's not flopping. Shocked Laughing

Yeah, that's her.

Mathies to LA 2013
memphis10

PostPosted: 01/26/08 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Chasity Melvin, Andrea Stinson, Linda Page & Genia Beasley. OK, I'll admit I had to check the media guide cuz that game was hard to watch and I got hungry. Laughing I missed the Ivory love fest (thank you GAWD!) I didn't miss the gushing over Barbour or the orgasm Debbie had over simple plays (purge my mind GAWD, please!)

And get out my head! Every time the band played "Old McDonaldish" (I never noticed they played that), I thought of Moo U! Laughing

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
bballfan2005

PostPosted: 01/26/08 2:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

memphis10 wrote:
Chasity Melvin, Andrea Stinson, Linda Page & Genia Beasley.

Thanks, memphis10. Figured Melvin and Stinson were on the list, but the other two must've been before my time.

memphis10 wrote:
OK, I'll admit I had to check the media guide cuz that game was hard to watch and I got hungry. Laughing

Same here. I kept expecting Moo U to blow Virginia Tech out, but it never happened. Too many missed lay-ups, too many missed shots, too much zone defense...

memphis10 wrote:
I missed the Ivory love fest (thank you GAWD!)

Where have you been the past five years? Laughing Those fools (Beth Mowins included) did nothing but gush over Latta during every broadcast!

"She's untrappable and unflappable!"

"Oh my! What a shot by Ivory Latta!"

"I just love her enthusiasm! What a great teammate." Shocked

"She's got LATTAtude, folks."

If you hear less than ten Latta references during tomorrow's game, then I'll be surprised.

memphis10 wrote:
I didn't miss the gushing over Barbour or the orgasm Debbie had over simple plays (purge my mind GAWD, please!)

I think Debbie has a couple of players per team that can elicit that type of response. Try listening to Deb talk about A'quonesia Franklin sometime. Wink

memphis10 wrote:
And get out my head! Every time the band played "Old McDonaldish" (I never noticed they played that), I thought of Moo U! Laughing

Hey, this was a big-time cow college event tonight! Moo U versus VPI (Virginia Polytechnic Institute)--the battle for agricultural supremacy.

Mathies to LA 2013
ChiChi

PostPosted: 01/26/08 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.gopack.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=41890&SPID=3723&DB_OEM_ID=9200&ATCLID=1375499

Pack desperately had to win an ACC game, and they did, nuf said. Good crowd, kind of dull game, glad they got the confidence boost they needed. In the post-game, Yow was talking about "chemistry" problems with the young post players, and how Lucy Ellison might be able to come back early from her knee. Yay! We may have a shot at more than a couple conference wins Cool . I wish Yow would have more faith in especially Gloria Brown and give her more time, but I know hindsight is 20/20.

memphis10 wrote:
I like KD but the ubber love fest got on my nerves from Debbie & even more annoying guy.

Ha. You just have to deal with gushing,
a. Debbie's cool. Just count your blessings it wasn't me doing commentary, you would have hated KD's guts by the end of the game Laughing b. in blah games this always happens, no matter what. They get bored with the game and go on autopilot talking about whoever the "star" player of each team is, their wnba future, their intestines, how they're going to cure cancer, etc...

Quote:
If that wasn’t enough, she is the second person in conference history to obtain 1,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 200 steals and 100 blocks.

I think Erlana Larkins is gonna reach 1000 rbs today in her game too.

BobScoutingReport

PostPosted: 01/26/08 12:11 pm    ::: VA Tech@NC State Coverage Reply Reply with quote

Debbie A. does more women's college tv games than just about any commentator. In her early days, you might get some critical comments, but now she stamps out the game commentary in very correct assembly-line fashion. She gushes away on a lot of players, often in excess. I think she forgets how few players come from college and succeed in the WNBA. Given how many games per week that she does, I am surprised that she does as well as she does.

Mike Hogwood prides himself on being an ACC home boy. He appears to be particularly oriented to the "old guard" clubs and coaches in the league. I just accept that and move on.

I think KW has a good chance to make a WNBA squad but her lack of size and range along with predicability of turning over right shoulder make her more likely rotation/bench rather than starter material. Her intensity combined with her strong built are her major pluses.

I had heard Barbour was a quality catch for VA Tech and she appears to be. VA Tech needs more help inside and more out of the PG position as well. I picked NC State to make the NCAA. Maybe they will start to play like such a team but they need to stop the dumb turnovers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: