RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Notre Dame / De Paul

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kailapea

PostPosted: 01/22/08 9:23 pm    ::: Notre Dame / De Paul Reply Reply with quote

A lot better game then I expected. De Paul up 7 with 15 minutes left in 2nd half.

bullsky

PostPosted: 01/22/08 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul has so much potential. Really, they do.

PostPosted: 01/22/08 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

1 point game. This one is good.

beknighted

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
1 point game. This one is good.

And from what I've seen on Gametracker, it's bizarre - two DePaul players had fouled out with something like 4:00 left, and another has 4 in only 4 minutes of play.

memphis10

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep. 1 point game w/ 22 seconds left. Very exciting indeed. Very Happy

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
ripleydc

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cstv is showing it. No need for gametracker. 7 sec...2pt game

memphis10

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

D'oh! Actually double d'oh. Depaul wins after 1st Quigley coughs u the ball with 4.4 seconds left, then Allen returned the favor. Hum... Depaul earning that new ranking.

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford

Last edited by memphis10 on 01/22/08 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
beknighted

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
Cstv is showing it. No need for gametracker. 7 sec...2pt game

I'm multitasking, so I'm using GT for this one.

ripleydc

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

depaul holds on for the win. What an ending!

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great game. Great, great game.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow - this is not what I expected after having seen DePaul play vs. Pitt a couple weeks ago on TV and watching them in person vs. Marquette on Saturday.

On Sat. at Marquette DePaul was 1-16 from 3 point land and shot 35% from the field losing to Marquette 65-56 and Marquette shot slightly worse than them from the field shooting 34% but made 4 more 3's than DePaul and had 7 more free throws. So tonight at Notre Dame, DePaul shot 60% from the field and were 7-13 from 3 point land. And the 45 they had at halftime was only 11 less than DePaul scored all game at MU.

So Marquette's defense must be really, really good right Smile? Just kidding. While I do think Marquette played good defense on Saturday, I also think DePaul missed some wide open shots in that game.

But that one was a lot of fun to watch - the rematch in Chicago should be a good one. I understand why the BE kept this home and away pairing together it still is kind of a bummer to me as I'd love for Marquette to have DePaul or Notre Dame as their home and away partner. MU is the team that both DePaul and Notre Dame have played the most so they have an established rivalry with both.

Kelli

PostPosted: 01/23/08 12:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got home a few minutes ago (damn late games!)

ND had their chances. They shot twice as many ft's and had DePaul in foul trouble the whole night. DePaul had 17 fouls in the second half, ND had 15 for the game!!! It was a very physical game - I think that the refs could have called at least 10 more fouls on each team. I didn't think that the officiating was as bad as the rest of the fans. There were a couple of things that I wanted to see a replay of, but ND simply lost the game.

I think that they beat DePaul on turnovers too. I don't know why at the end of the game ND didn't keep driving to the basket and drawing fouls.

Oh well. Sad

PostPosted: 01/23/08 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Big East is crazy. You've got Connecticut. Then Rutgers. Then Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Syracuse, DePaul, West Virginia, Louisville. I know I've got to be forgetting somebody, but there are some GOOD teams in that conference. Best conference in America, folks.

PostPosted: 01/23/08 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the fact that ND's pg's combined for a total of ZERO points.

ZERO.

PostPosted: 01/23/08 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
The Big East is crazy. You've got Connecticut. Then Rutgers. Then Pittsburgh, Notre Dame, Syracuse, DePaul, West Virginia, Louisville. I know I've got to be forgetting somebody, but there are some GOOD teams in that conference. Best conference in America, folks.

At this very moment, Rutgers is in first place in the Big East conference with a 6-0 record. Conn: 5-0. Can't wait for those two to play each other!

You didn't leave out any of the top teams... and interestingly, Louisville is sitting near the bottom of the conference, but I don't think that will last. McCoughtry simply will not allow it! Villanova and St. John's might wake up soon, and South Florida is conspicuously baaaaad so far.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/23/08 11:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Depaul is going to beat some teams because they are good shooters, and a pretty good team.

PostPosted: 01/23/08 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesnt Depaul have a few key players injured too? Thats good win for them

PostPosted: 01/23/08 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

JACKOWACKO wrote:
Doesnt Depaul have a few key players injured too? Thats good win for them

Erin Carney and Sam Quigley are hurt. Allie Quigley is the better of that sister combo but Sam did get quite a bit of playing time with a lot of injuries last season and Carney is a key loss for them.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/23/08 10:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:
You didn't leave out any of the top teams... and interestingly, Louisville is sitting near the bottom of the conference, but I don't think that will last. McCoughtry simply will not allow it! Villanova and St. John's might wake up soon, and South Florida is conspicuously baaaaad so far.

St. John's might wake up long enough to roll over and go back to sleep. I love my team, but when half of them ain't showin' up night in and night out... we're not doing much to bolster the BEast. I'd be more worried about Marquette than St. John's were I involved with another BEast team.

PostPosted: 01/23/08 11:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

St. John's might wake up long enough to roll over and go back to sleep. I love my team, but when half of them ain't showin' up night in and night out... we're not doing much to bolster the BEast. I'd be more worried about Marquette than St. John's were I involved with another BEast team.

Angel McCoughtry scored more from the line tonight (13/14 from the line) than Marquette's whole team did - 11 made free throws. Louisville also scored 36 points off of Marquette's 23 turnovers - yikes! And Krystal Ellis was the only MU player who could connect on a 3 in their 79-69 loss at Louisville tonight. I'm calculating how many wins MU will need to goto the WNIT right now. They have 6 road games left and I think they need to win at least 2 of those. South Florida on Saturday is one of their best opportunities. I figure they're due to lose to St. John's after beating them twice the last two seasons Smile.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: