RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rutgers @ Cincinnati

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beknighted

PostPosted: 01/22/08 9:05 pm    ::: Rutgers @ Cincinnati Reply Reply with quote

RU on the road, usually a recipe for a game that's closer than it should be.

If so, I'd hate to see what it would have looked like at home.

RU 71 Cincinnati 41 F

Kia Vaughn had 17 points (on 8-12) and 21 rebounds, plus 3 steals, 2 blocks and an assist, just for kicks.
Heather Zurich scored 16 (a career high, I'm told).
Carson ended with 14 points, 3 rebounds and 6 assists.
Ajavon added 10, with 3 assists and no TOs. In fact, RU had a season-low 9 TOs in the game.

Kahla Roudebush led the Bearcats with 14, plus 3 rebounds, and Jill Stephens had 9 points and 6 rebounds. Stephanie Stevens had 6 points on 6-6 FT shooting, and Natasha Graboski had 6 points and 7 rebounds. Carla Jacobs had the distinction of going 1-13, including 1-10 from 3, to score 3 points.

RU shot around 45%, while Cincy shot around 23%, and RU outrebounded the Bearcats 48 to 34.

It was 41-28 at the break, and Cincinnati had only 3 points through the middle of the 2nd half, which was pretty much all she wrote.

thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

16 is a career-high for Heather.

21 rebounds from Kia is sick. That is also a career-high. So the roommies had a good night...

But you left out my favorite stat of this game right now:

Katie Adams hit a 3 with 1 second on the game clock.
I wonder if it was just a toss up shot that went in? 'Cause when your team is up by 27, why would you shoot with 1 second left?

beknighted

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

I wonder if it was just a toss up shot that went in? 'Cause when your team is up by 27, why would you shoot with 1 second left?

It's not my favorite stat. I'm not a fan of the last-second shot when you're up by 27, either, but I also know that Adams almost always only gets in late when the game is decided and that her teammates keep trying to get her to shoot so she gets into the box score. I suspect something like that happened, and I notice that Prince got an assist on that shot, which makes me think so even more.

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 01/22/08 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's my Kia, showing folks what she can do... Cool

PostPosted: 01/22/08 11:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
thesixthwoman wrote:

It's not my favorite stat. I'm not a fan of the last-second shot when you're up by 27, either, but I also know that Adams almost always only gets in late when the game is decided and that her teammates keep trying to get her to shoot so she gets into the box score. I suspect something like that happened, and I notice that Prince got an assist on that shot, which makes me think so even more.

well, i'm happy for Katie though. you never know when she might have to step up with a short roster. it couldn't hurt to build her confidence, and that is definitely needed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: