RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lorin Dixon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThreeBall25

PostPosted: 01/18/08 9:19 pm    ::: Lorin Dixon Reply Reply with quote

...will be starting for Mel Thomas tomorrow vs. Cinncy. Montgomery will move over to the shooting guard.

Timber, Harlem, and anyone else who saw her in high school... thoughts on her game? Can it translate this early to the next leve?

mercfan3

PostPosted: 01/18/08 10:32 pm    ::: Re: Lorin Dixon Reply Reply with quote

ThreeBall25 wrote:
...will be starting for Mel Thomas tomorrow vs. Cinncy. Montgomery will move over to the shooting guard.

Timber, Harlem, and anyone else who saw her in high school... thoughts on her game? Can it translate this early to the next leve?

I'm hoping her and Gardler can suck up ten minutes each for Montgomery and Swanier so they don't have to play forty minutes every game. Good god if they got hurt because they had to play too much.

PostPosted: 01/18/08 11:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's fearless. Sometimes it works against her, most of the time it works to her advantage.

She's a drive and dish player. The only concerns I have are whether she can play smart instead of fast and whether she can finish at this level. She has no problems creating. Pressing her would be foolish and her court vision is very good for someone her size.

If I'm Cincy, I either try to force her to finish at the basket or turn her into a jump shooter since what she wants to do is suck in the defense and dump it down to a big or kick it out to a shooter.

She's a streak shooter....but with this team, she shouldn't be taking jumpers anyway. She probably took way more J's without Tina last year than she did in the years with her combined. But her shot isn't bad. Her biggest weakness is going up against the trees without a plan C.....leaving her feet before making a decision.

She's got Tina in there. If there are any butterflies, they'll be gone after the first stoppage in play. If she makes mistakes it won't be because of nerves or lack of effort.

Unless something's changed since she got to UConn, she's all heart, has never lacked confidence and has the short term memory loss your point guard needs to have.

She also prides herself on playing defense and is a nightmare for opponents on the ball and in the open floor. She can be posted up though. If you're a stat hound looking for huge assist numbers....she's not your player.

If she plays within herself, I don't think there will be a problem. She's going to make freshman mistakes. But she's not going to lose a game for you.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: