RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jasmine Dixon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beknighted

PostPosted: 10/24/07 3:22 pm    ::: Jasmine Dixon Reply Reply with quote

According to an article in the Press Telegram in Long Beach, Jasmine Dixon has committed to Rutgers. (The article quotes her father, so I hope it's right.) This was first reported on the RU board by ScarletteK80.

Dixon is a 6'1" guard, ranked 26th by hoopgurlz and 4th by Scout.

If all the reports so far are accurate, RU has picked up the 4th, 5th and 13th players in the Scout rankings. Also, CVS and her staff have picked up some serious frequent flyer miles with two of them in California and one in Texas.

Here's a link:

What dad says

Sass

PostPosted: 10/24/07 3:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting. There's been a lot of speculation about where she's going next year. I knew it would come out this week, though.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
thesixthwoman

PostPosted: 10/25/07 12:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://hoopgurlz.com/story/ru-serious

By Chris Hansen
National Director of Scouting
Posted Thu, 10/25/2007 - 07:19 Rutgers continues its run of top ranked commits from across the country with Jasmine Dixon's verbal.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 10/25/07 9:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice, but C. Viv might want to holler at some post players.
beknighted

PostPosted: 10/25/07 9:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:

Let's say that this concern has not gone unnoticed on the Rutgers board.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 10/25/07 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:

Let's say that this concern has not gone unnoticed on the Rutgers board.

I wouldn't be opposed to Viv running a 5 guard offense considering some of their guards play like that's the case anyway, but damn. It's nice to see that she's racking up the frequent flyer miles. I would say that KBA should take advantage, but I wouldn't put it past her to let Steveskey at Hofstra start swooping down on recruits. Laughing
kage

PostPosted: 10/25/07 2:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A great pick up for Rutgers. Sad

Darn, both Speed AND Dixon gone. I wanted at least one of them to come to Cal... Crying or Very sad
fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 10/25/07 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

kage wrote:
A great pick up for Rutgers. Sad

Darn, both Speed AND Dixon gone. I wanted at least one of them to come to Cal... Crying or Very sad

Same here. C. Viv seems to have the dibs on some of the best guards out there.

But as echoed here, she needs some post players in there. Who's going to defend the paint besides Kia Vaughn?

beknighted

PostPosted: 10/25/07 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
But as echoed here, she needs some post players in there. Who's going to defend the paint besides Kia Vaughn?

There is Rashidat Junaid, a sophomore who's 6'4" and presumably underwent the Kia Vaughn conditioning plan this summer. (Compare pictures of Kia as a frosh and last season, and you'll see what I mean.) Ra actually had some strong minutes as a sub for Kia and, once in a while, together with Kia.

Still, Ra's only one person, and after her the roster is a bit height-challenged. I do hope that C. Viv deals with the issue.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 10/25/07 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

There is Rashidat Junaid, a sophomore who's 6'4" and presumably underwent the Kia Vaughn conditioning plan this summer. (Compare pictures of Kia as a frosh and last season, and you'll see what I mean.) Ra actually had some strong minutes as a sub for Kia and, once in a while, together with Kia.

Still, Ra's only one person, and after her the roster is a bit height-challenged. I do hope that C. Viv deals with the issue.

Zurich appeared to be a solid glue player for Rutgers last year. On a team of shooters, Vaugh and Zurich - albeit in completely different ways - provided a great support system for their team. Vaugh obviously had higher impact especially in offensive numbers, but Zurich spent a lot of time guarding bigger players, hitting open jumpers, and essentially making sure the ball got passed and some defense was played. That's a bit of an overstatement, but you get the idea.

PostPosted: 10/25/07 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
beknighted wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:

Zurich appeared to be a solid glue player for Rutgers last year. On a team of shooters, Vaugh and Zurich - albeit in completely different ways - provided a great support system for their team. Vaugh obviously had higher impact especially in offensive numbers, but Zurich spent a lot of time guarding bigger players, hitting open jumpers, and essentially making sure the ball got passed and some defense was played. That's a bit of an overstatement, but you get the idea.

I'm not complaining about Zurich, who really seemed to find her game in the second half of the season. (Heck, you can make an argument that it was her two early fouls that let Tennessee win the national championship - the teams played about even while she was in and Tennessee had a 13-point advantage while she was out.) I'd just like to have more than two big post players, to avoid the kind of matchup problems that RU has occasionally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: