RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Scheduling buzz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripleydc

PostPosted: 09/05/07 3:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Terps have added the USA National Team to their schedule Very Happy

http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/090507aab.html

YourCrimsonNightmare

PostPosted: 09/05/07 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Rutgers schedule is out.

http://www.scarletknights.com/basketball-women/news/release.asp?prID=5625

I don't think there are any tough games there that we already didn't know about, except maybe George Washington.

beknighted

PostPosted: 09/05/07 4:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rutgers finally has released its schedule, although I am reminded by RU board denizens that this is around the time it's usually released.

Key home games: Stanford (11/11), LSU (11/25), Maryland (12/3), Temple (12/30), Louisville (1/20), UConn (2/5), Notre Dame (2/19), DePaul (2/27)

Key away games: GWU (11/18 ), Duke (12/6), Tennessee (2/11), UConn (3/3 - BEast finale)

RU also will be participating in the first-ever Maggie Dixon Classic, at MSG in New York on December 8.

Good Knights

Edited to add: I see someone beat me by one minute.

YourCrimsonNightmare

PostPosted: 09/05/07 4:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And Vandy just released their schedule as well.

http://vucommodores.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/090507aab.html

YourCrimsonNightmare

PostPosted: 09/05/07 4:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If my post had been as detailed, you'd have beaten me, by MORE than one minute! Smile
beknighted wrote:
Rutgers finally has released its schedule, although I am reminded by RU board denizens that this is around the time it's usually released.

Key home games: Stanford (11/11), LSU (11/25), Maryland (12/3), Temple (12/30), Louisville (1/20), UConn (2/5), Notre Dame (2/19), DePaul (2/27)

Key away games: GWU (11/18 ), Duke (12/6), Tennessee (2/11), UConn (3/3 - BEast finale)

RU also will be participating in the first-ever Maggie Dixon Classic, at MSG in New York on December 8.

Good Knights

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/05/07 5:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

St. John's, being a BEastie and all, also announced today. No nice neat link yet, but the OOC highlights include NC State at Vermont's tournament (followed by either Brown or Vermont), at Hartford on 12/7, a tourney at UAB 12/17 and 12/18, and your chance to boo and hiss at Baylor (if such is your inclination) on 12/22 when they visit Carnesecca.

St. John's BEast home slate seems to be the middle to bottom of the conference: South Florida, West Virginia, Pitt, Marquette, Villanova, Louisville, Seton Hall, and Notre Dame... which means Rutgers and Connecticut on the road, and I could have bleeping sworn we played UConn on the road last year. They've switched off the home-and-home from Marquette to Seton Hall (and then put both of them on weekdays, way to discourage travel, youse morons).

I like RU's schedule better. Much more interesting weekend games. Oh, what to wear on 1/5, Red or Scarlet?

PostPosted: 09/05/07 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:

Good Knights

No fair - I want my schedule too Smile. I think Marquette is trying to see if they can be the last BE school to announce their schedule. I haven't seen a schedule for MU, Providence, Seton Hall, Syracuse (website looks like they've announced theirs but it only has Nov games listed), Notre Dame and Villanova.

Bumming me out all the more is the fact that the BE announced the composite men's schedule today.

I'm guessing the Marquette-Rutgers game will be on TV with the 9p eastern/8p central start time - Marquette's home games usually start at 7p central and the only time they've had an 8p central start time is for TV. I know last year's game vs. Notre Dame on a Tuesday was at 8p on CSTV.

beknighted

PostPosted: 09/06/07 11:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Marquette Fan wrote:
No fair - I want my schedule too Smile. I think Marquette is trying to see if they can be the last BE school to announce their schedule. I haven't seen a schedule for MU, Providence, Seton Hall, Syracuse (website looks like they've announced theirs but it only has Nov games listed), Notre Dame and Villanova.

Bumming me out all the more is the fact that the BE announced the composite men's schedule today.

I'm guessing the Marquette-Rutgers game will be on TV with the 9p eastern/8p central start time - Marquette's home games usually start at 7p central and the only time they've had an 8p central start time is for TV. I know last year's game vs. Notre Dame on a Tuesday was at 8p on CSTV.

I'm sure they're just saving the best for last.

Actually, RU usually is one of the last ones in the BEast. I've often wondered why conferences don't coordinate this sort of thing. Maybe some of them do, but the BEast definitely doesn't.

adamspt2

PostPosted: 09/06/07 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK has released their schedule - http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=46&url_article_id=20514&change_well_id=2

In addition to getting UT and LSU twice this year, the non-conference portion features Western Kentucky, Louisville, George Washington, Minnesota and Xavier.

Marquette Fan

PostPosted: 09/06/07 5:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
Marquette Fan wrote:

I'm sure they're just saving the best for last.

Actually, RU usually is one of the last ones in the BEast. I've often wondered why conferences don't coordinate this sort of thing. Maybe some of them do, but the BEast definitely doesn't.

It came out today of course as my internet was down most of the day Smile. I knew most of the games already - there were 3 non-conf. games I didn't know about yet. The biggest shock to me is they're hosting Wisconsin at the Bradley Center (where the Bucks and MU men play) instead of the friendly confines of their on-campus arena that holds 4,000. I'm not real crazy about that but no one asked me about it of course Smile. I'm glad they got rid of that early December BE game. And thankfully they're on the road on my husband's bday - poor guy had to goto an MU game the last two years on his bday and while he was a good sport about it, it wasn't his favorite thing to do on his bday Smile.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/07/07 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

alaskacard wrote:
Stanford's schedule is out too:

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/082207aaa.html (press release)

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/stan-w-baskbl-sched.html (schedule)

OOC Highlights: Paradise Jam (Uconn, ODU, then Duke, Purdue, or Temple), Rutgers, Baylor, Utah, New Mexico, Tennessee

Yikes! That sounds like some type of schedule. And facing Rutgers and Uconn that early. I hope Vanderveer and Wiggins are ready.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/07/07 2:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
and Cal loses one to academics...

Quote:
Lenita Sanford, who was to be the top incoming freshman on the Cal women's basketball team, will not play for the Bears.

The athletic department confirmed Monday that Sanford, a 6-foot-1 forward, did not meet NCAA initial requirements. She has enrolled at Trinity Valley Community College in Texas.

In November, Sanford signed a letter of intent to attend Cal on scholarship and was admitted to the university, contingent on meeting NCAA academic requirements for incoming student athletes. She attended summer classes in Berkeley in an effort to do that.

Sanford is now required to attend a community college for two years and earn her associates degree before attending an NCAA Division I school. Sanford, who has been relieved of her Cal scholarship, is not obligated to return to Berkeley.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/08/28/SP91RQA19.DTL

That's really unfortunate. But good luck to Lenita. I hope she does well at the JC level and reconsiders Cal once she's done.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/07/07 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm not seeing the ASU schedule. Here it is....

http://thesundevils.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/asu-w-baskbl-sched.html

11/08/07 vs. USA National Team Tempe, Ariz. 6:30 p.m. MT
11/11/07 at North Carolina Chapel Hill, N.C. 12:30 p.m. MT
11/17/07 vs. UC Santa Barbara Tempe, Ariz. 4:00 p.m. MT
11/19/07 vs. Yale Tempe, Ariz. 6:30 p.m. MT
11/22/07 vs. Iowa Cancun, Mexico TBA
11/23/07 vs. Oklahoma Cancun, Mexico TBA
11/30/07 vs. Gonzaga Tempe, Ariz. 6:00 p.m. MT
12/02/07 vs. Auburn or UC Riverside Tempe, Ariz. 2:00 p.m. MT
12/09/07 vs. UC Davis Tempe, Ariz. 1:00 p.m. MT
12/13/07 at Texas Tech Lubbock, Texas 6:00 p.m. MT
12/17/07 vs. Fresno State Tempe, Ariz. 11:00 a.m. MT
12/20/07 vs. Texas Tempe, Ariz. TBA

Not bad, some pretty decent matches. I don't know why CTT insists on scheduling UNC. I guess it's a measuring stick for her program.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/07/07 2:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some remaining Pac-10 schedules.

Arizona
http://www.arizonaathletics.com/w-basketball/page.aspx?id=1116

Oregon
http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&KEY=&SPID=236&SPSID=4304

Oregon State
http://www.osubeavers.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4700&KEY=&SPID=1955&SPSID=24860

Washington State
http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/wast-w-baskbl-sched.html

Also, some intriguing news on a signing by Daugherty of a top New Zealand prep.
http://wsucougars.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/083007aab.html

alaskacard

PostPosted: 09/07/07 2:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
alaskacard wrote:

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/082207aaa.html (press release)

http://gostanford.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/stan-w-baskbl-sched.html (schedule)

OOC Highlights: Paradise Jam (Uconn, ODU, then Duke, Purdue, or Temple), Rutgers, Baylor, Utah, New Mexico, Tennessee

Yikes! That sounds like some type of schedule. And facing Rutgers and Uconn that early. I hope Vanderveer and Wiggins are ready.

Me too! They also have an exhibition game against the US national team. With this schedule, they could end up with several early losses yet still be a very, very good team. But of course I'd rather see some stunning early wins!

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 09/07/07 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

alaskacard wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
alaskacard wrote:

Me too! They also have an exhibition game against the US national team. With this schedule, they could end up with several early losses yet still be a very, very good team. But of course I'd rather see some stunning early wins!

Agreed. But after seeing Rutgers season with all their losses, maybe a lot of tough challenges early is better because the team is toughened up and they're ready for all the big games come tourney time. Stanford definitely needs to step it up after their second-round loss this past tourney.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 09/07/07 3:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
Not bad, some pretty decent matches. I don't know why CTT insists on scheduling UNC. I guess it's a measuring stick for her program.

After how poorly they performed against Rutgers, ASU needs to be able to prepare itself against teams with a lot of speed/athleticism on defense. UNC probably won't be as strong as it's been the past three seasons, but the game will still be a good test for ASU.

alaskacard

PostPosted: 09/07/07 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:

Agreed. But after seeing Rutgers season with all their losses, maybe a lot of tough challenges early is better because the team is toughened up and they're ready for all the big games come tourney time. Stanford definitely needs to step it up after their second-round loss this past tourney.

That's the theory, anyway; I really hope it works for us. There's really not a downside to a tough early OOC schedule come March -- both in terms of tournament readiness, and because even if you lose them it helps your RPI.

I just hope we do well enough that the tough early games inspire confidence in our younger players. Especially Tennessee -- there have been so many heartbreaking losses in that series the last few years that I feel like we would really be helped by the emotional impact of getting that monkey off our backs. Of course I guess there are a whole lot of teams that can say that exact thing about Tennessee . . . .

Should be some enjoyable games, no matter what the outcome!

wbbjunkie

PostPosted: 09/07/07 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trax10usa and bballfan2005: Are you kidding? for a team (Florida) that won just 9 games last year but still schedules "21 games versus teams that competed in the postseason last year, including 16 against 2007 NCAA Tournament teams" ... name 5 other schools that play as many games this season vs. 16 NCAA Tournament teams.

From what I can see, there are a ton of 'dangerous' teams ... mid-majors who will circle this game on their schedule b/c it's an SEC team.

Looking at their 2006-07 schedule, it looks like most of the games are probably 'return' games...

It's no wonder that last staff was fired... they had no idea how to schedule w/ the talent they signed!

YourCrimsonNightmare

PostPosted: 09/24/07 2:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FINALLY, Oklahoma releases their official schedule

http://soonersports.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/okla-w-baskbl-sched.html

Highlights include 9 nationally televised games and 13 contests against 2007 NCAA tournament teams:

11/11 vs Maryland (ESPN)
11/15 vs Tennessee (ESPNU)
11/23 vs Arizona State
12/16 at Michigan State
01/09 at Iowa State
01/12 at Oklahoma State
01/16 -- Nebraska
01/20 -- Baylor (ESPN2)
01/27 -- Georgia (ESPN2)
02/12 -- Texas A&M
02/17 at Baylor (FSN)
02/23 -- Oklahoma State (FSN)
03/06 at Texas A&M (FSN)

Other nationally-televised games are on 2/3 at Texas (ESPNU), and on 3/2 against Texas in Norman (FSN).

bullsky

PostPosted: 09/25/07 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILL: Oklahoma game on Dec. 5 will be nationally televised on the Big Ten Network

Quote:
The 2007-08 Illinois women's basketball schedule has had a few updates since the initial Aug. 22 release. Several game times have been added and one time has been changed. In addition, the Big Ten Network has announced that it will televise the Illinois-Oklahoma game on Dec. 5. See below for details on the game times and information on the Big Ten Network.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: