RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Over at uni-watch...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 08/28/07 7:36 am    ::: Over at uni-watch... Reply Reply with quote

They're talking about uniform styles that were only worn once. UConn's silver that they wore in the Jess Foley game got a brief mention.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/070823

PostPosted: 08/28/07 9:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pilight, you are the top banana of pop arcana.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/29/07 8:37 am    ::: Re: Over at uni-watch... Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
They're talking about uniform styles that were only worn once. UConn's silver that they wore in the Jess Foley game got a brief mention.

What game? UConn wore silver? No, I don't think so....and who is this Foley person? Wink

Grumps

PostPosted: 08/29/07 10:52 am    ::: Re: Over at uni-watch... Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:

What game? UConn wore silver? No, I don't think so....and who is this Foley person? Wink

I thought you wrote a poem before that game, that never happened... Wink

Grumps

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/29/07 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There are two other noteworthy aspects to that historic Duke comeback win.

First, Duke's astonishing comeback win broke UConn's 69 game winning streak, which is the women's NCAA record, thirty years to the month after Notre Dame's astonishing 1974 comeback win broke UCLA's 88 game winning streak, which is the men's NCAA record.

Second, UConn lost the game (by two points) even though they were never behind during any of the 40 minutes on the game clock. UConn scored the first points in the game and remained one point ahead when the final buzzer sounded. Unfortunately, Foley's long 3pt shot was then in the air. I don't think I've ever seen that before or since.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/29/07 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
There are two other noteworthy aspects to that historic Duke comeback win.

First, Duke's astonishing comeback win broke UConn's 69 game winning streak, which is the women's NCAA record, thirty years to the month after Notre Dame's astonishing 1974 comeback win broke UCLA's 88 game winning streak, which is the men's NCAA record.

Second, UConn lost the game (by two points) even though they were never behind during any of the 40 minutes on the game clock. UConn scored the first points in the game and remained one point ahead when the final buzzer sounded. Unfortunately, Foley's long 3pt shot was then in the air. I don't think I've ever seen that before or since.

Glenn you're making things up again! There was no such game! Shocked

beknighted

PostPosted: 08/30/07 3:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I seem to remember that Rutgers broke out new black unis for the NCAAs in 2001. After the Jackie Stiles game they never were seen again.

bambam

PostPosted: 09/06/07 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glenn's got it completely right. It was January 3, 2004, aired nationally on CBS, and the ladies had unveiled these silver unis for the first time. I remember at the next game the announcers said that the unis had been retired as being 'bad luck'.

I remember the game so well -- It was such a close game and I was sick when UConn lost.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: