RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Brenda's Having Twins!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ripleydc

PostPosted: 08/30/07 4:25 pm    ::: Brenda's Having Twins!!!! Reply Reply with quote

due date: March 11th!!!

http://dcbasketcases.blogspot.com/2007/08/breaking-news-two-new-members-of.html

Congratulations to Coach B and her husband, Mark Thomas!!!

2 new terps...yippee!! Very Happy Very Happy

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 08/30/07 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

great news for her... but whoa, will make the season interesting... Wink

PostPosted: 08/30/07 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's lovely news, though kinda scary timing!

I love love love the Under the Shell video (http://umterps.cstv.com/undertheshell/, click on "Special Programming")

memphis10

PostPosted: 08/30/07 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Coach Frese/Rosemary (j/k) on the two recruits. I wonder if she will give birth AND coach on the same day like a coach did last year ? (ouch!)

R.I.P Shara 1993-2009
R.I.P. Taylor Bradford
miatamama

PostPosted: 08/30/07 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OH MY GOSH--that is so sweet! Congrats to Coach Freese and her husband. What a wonderful video to share with everyone!!!

PostPosted: 08/30/07 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Brenda and her family! Smile

PostPosted: 08/31/07 9:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those of us lucky enough to have spent time following this team have often had the chance to have a little access to the players and coaches. That scene in the video of overwhelming love and joy is exactly what this group is all about. They have always been this way in every setting I've been around them. I am incredibly happy for Coach B and her husband. I understand why she says she's excited to potentially raise two kids around such a group. They are truly wonderful people. The kids will be spoiled with love. Bravo! All my best wishes and prayers for them all.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/31/07 9:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to her and her family.

PostPosted: 09/02/07 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to her. I doubt she will be coaching very long this season. Twins put A LOT of weight on you and can be a real stressor to the Mom. How old is Brenda?

PostPosted: 09/02/07 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
How old is Brenda?

just 37. Very Happy

Thrillrider08

PostPosted: 09/02/07 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats Brenda, I read about it on ESPN earlier in the day. And wow Brenda definately doesn't look 37! Shocked

WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!

http://twitter.com/TravisInIndy
Toliver...Holy Cow!

PostPosted: 09/04/07 7:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree...definitely a HOT mom to be. With the Comcast Center as a host site for Rounds 1 and 2 of this year's NCAA Tournament, it should make it slightly easier for mom. Assuming the Terps take care of business like they should.

Kelli

PostPosted: 09/04/07 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wouldn't count on Brenda coaching the end of the season. My boss found out in Feb. that she was pregnant and in March/April that she was pregnant with twins. Her dr. was talking about taking her off work at 28-30 weeks. My boss has pretty much of a desk job. She was targeting the end of August/first of Sept. to be off. Due to one of the babies dying my boss has been off since Aug. 13th. My boss is 30 and this is her first pregnancy.

I know that pregnancies don't all follow the same path and I wish Brenda all the best, but I would be very cautious if I were 37, in my first pregnancy, with a pretty active and high-stress job, AND carrying twins.

PostPosted: 09/04/07 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting story and I agree that there are many variables. With a due date of March 11, twins typically arriving early and the NCAA first round beginning March 23, I like her chances to be back. We'll see though. It will be fun to watch!

beknighted

PostPosted: 09/04/07 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congratulations to her.

As mentioned above, there are a lot of variables, including whether she delivers the natural way or has to have a C-section, so I guess we won't really know until after the babies are born.

Was it Curry who was coaching in the tournament when she was about 8-1/2 months along? I remember some pretty interesting sideline scenes with whoever it was.

Kelli

PostPosted: 09/04/07 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver...Holy Cow! wrote:
Interesting story and I agree that there are many variables. With a due date of March 11, twins typically arriving early and the NCAA first round beginning March 23, I like her chances to be back. We'll see though. It will be fun to watch!

I'd still worry about the twins arriving early with all of the medical problems that can bring. Especially if they are really early. My niece's first baby was two months early and was in the hospital a long time. I guess I can't see her going on the road with babies in the hospital or possibly still requiring additional care at home.

Again, I'm not saying that any of this WILL happen and I know that there are multiples pregnancies that have absolutely no problems. I do wish her the best, easiest pregnancy possible.

Edit: I didn't realize that the tourney was starting that late. (It is later than before, isn't it?)

PostPosted: 09/04/07 10:56 pm    ::: Re: Brenda's Having Twins!!!! Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
due date: March 11th!!!

congrats Coach B! and on Becky's birthday!

www.myspace.com/nothingmoremusic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: