RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Wolfpack articles/season previews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChiChi

PostPosted: 08/23/07 7:30 pm    ::: Wolfpack articles/season previews Reply Reply with quote

>>Yow weighs in on recruiting
Quote:
Even with modern technology, women's basketball coach Kay Yow said recruiting isn't as relentless as it was years ago

Quote:
"I remember a player I recruited here in North Carolina, and I remember getting a phone call from her coach," Yow said. "She told me, 'Coach Yow, if you want this player, I think that you better get up here because we have so-and-so coaches and they've been here a week. I know you've been in the lead. But something could happen -- you might want to come protect your interests.'"

Quote:
The most recent change in recruiting was the text messaging ban that went into place Aug. 1. The new rule is one Yow said she is unsure about.

>>Ready for rivalry in 2007 - 08
NCSU v. UNC v. Duke preview blurbs

>>schedule announcement

Quote:
NC State returns two starters and eight players off last year’s NCAA “Sweet 16” squad that finished with a 25-10 record. Senior Khadijah Whittington was named All-ACC last season after setting a school record with 366 rebounds. She has a chance to become the fourth Wolfpacker to record 1,000 points and 1,000 rebounds in a career as she begins the season with 922 points and 766 rebounds to her credit.

Junior guard Shayla Fields is also back after averaging 10.0 points per game last year and will provide stability to a very young back court, which includes sophomores Nikitta Gartrell, Sharnise Beal, Amber White and red-shirt freshman Megan Zullo.

Quote:
Head coach Kay Yow returns for her 33rd year on the sidelines at NC State. She has brought in another stellar crop of freshman. This year’s incoming class was once again ranked in the top-20 by many scouting services

>>complete schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: