RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 07/09/07 11:21 pm    ::: Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton Reply Reply with quote

Haven't seen it here, but Purdue boards are reporting that LWH is rumored to have torn her ACL in the U21 semis.

Bad, bad news.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/09/07 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm. I thought it was just a sprained left knee. Didn't know it was an ACL. If she did tear her ACL, my thoughts go out to her. Sad

PostPosted: 07/10/07 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If its true and she gets to redshirt...will she return for another year of eligability? Let the speculation begin.

PostPosted: 07/10/07 8:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UTexRulz23 wrote:
If its true and she gets to redshirt...will she return for another year of eligability? Let the speculation begin.

Why wouldn't she? She needs to play a year out of Lawless and Gearlds shadow to show that she is more then a support player. Now she also needs to show she is healthy. The WNBA is just walking around money, the real money is overseas, and she needs to establish herself a little better to get paid better over there.

Michael

PostPosted: 07/10/07 9:20 am    ::: Re: Lindsay Wisdom-Hylton Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Haven't seen it here, but Purdue boards are reporting that LWH is rumored to have torn her ACL in the U21 semis.

Bad, bad news.

The key word here is rumored - they're noting the similarity to Natasha's injury last summer. There aren't any facts attached to the speculation.

chAirJordan

PostPosted: 07/10/07 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Even if it is a torn ACL, couldn't she be back in time for most of the season?

ucbart

PostPosted: 07/10/07 10:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

chAirJordan wrote:
Even if it is a torn ACL, couldn't she be back in time for most of the season?

Most ACL tears are at least a 6 month rehabilitation and in most cases, you are about a year before you are back to playing the way you did before the injury. LWH would hit 6 months in January, right at the start of the B10 schedule, if she has her surgery right now. I would rather have her sit out a year and come back better in the 2008-2009 season. She would probably be a top 10 pick in the 2009 WNBA draft, if not a top 5 pick.

Koopster

PostPosted: 07/10/07 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michael wrote:
UTexRulz23 wrote:

Why wouldn't she? She needs to play a year out of Lawless and Gearlds shadow to show that she is more then a support player. Now she also needs to show she is healthy. The WNBA is just walking around money, the real money is overseas, and she needs to establish herself a little better to get paid better over there.

Michael

If it is indeed true (ACL), I would bet that she will return...but not to prove that she is more than a support player. She might have been drafted ahead of Gearlds if she had not still had eligibility.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 07/10/07 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Speaking of Purdue, won't Natasha Bogdanova (sp?) be back this year?

Michael

PostPosted: 07/10/07 12:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Speaking of Purdue, won't Natasha Bogdanova (sp?) be back this year?

Yes, she will be. To draw a further possible parallel, Natasha injured her knee in the semi-finals and had to sit out the gold medal game at the University games last year, came back to the US and the sprain turned into an ACL tear, had surgery, rehabbed, but was not able to be able to go by January which was Versyp's deadline for redshirt or play. I expect if LWH does have an ACL tear, that we will see the same schedule, if she cannot go 100% by January, she will redshirt and finish the rehab.

Michael

PostPosted: 07/18/07 10:39 am    ::: Injury to keep Purdue's Wisdom-Hylton from upcoming season. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/SPORTS0201/70718014

00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 07/18/07 3:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/womensbasketball/cs-070718collbkbwomenhylton,1,3609380.story?coll=cs-college-headlines

Major blow to PU................ Shocked

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 07/18/07 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dude, that totally sucks! Sad I love LWH. She is a fabulous player. Huge blow to Purdue, but as Versyp and Lindsey said, now other people will have to step up. Malone will be a year older and more experienced, Natasha will be back, and hopefully France will be healthy and able to be an offensive threat.

desafiada6

PostPosted: 07/18/07 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe 15 straight appearances in the NCAA tourney is in jeopardy. Of course that's not really my concern, as long as Lindsay follows the protocal and comes back healthy! 08-09 season could be special. But seriously though Purdue players need to stay out of Russia! Laughing

PostPosted: 07/18/07 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This sucks!

I just saw the story on IndyStar dot com:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/SPORTS0602/707180500

Quote:
"I just came down off of a rebound and there was a girl next to me," Wisdom-Hylton said Tuesday during a news conference. "She bumped me a little bit, and my leg gave out. If you look at it, anybody could have done the same move and not tore the ACL. That's kind of how it happens."
Wisdom-Hylton, who would have been a senior, plans to return for the 2008-2009 season

gopherfan

PostPosted: 07/18/07 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that Purdue fans.. Sad I wish Lindsay and her team well, I know you'll do great this year. Get better soon Lindsay and we'll see you in 2009.

bullsky

PostPosted: 07/18/07 6:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

desafiada6 wrote:
I believe 15 straight appearances in the NCAA tourney is in jeopardy.

I do, too. The Big Ten is looking really shallow. Confused

PostPosted: 07/18/07 10:20 pm    ::: Best of luck with the rehab Reply Reply with quote

That sucks so much for a rising senior. My best wishes to her on her rehab. I hope she is able to fully recover for next season. WCBB needs all the stars and she was going to be one of the best this season.

The only "positive" is that it happened at a time to allow the team to prepare for her absence and for her to utilize the full redshirt. An injury in January could have much greater effects on a team and a player's draft status.

lola528

PostPosted: 07/19/07 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm glad that the decision to redshirt was made from the get-go, so Lindsay doesn't have to try to rush her re-hab, worrying about getting back in time for the Big 10 season, or hoping to be close to 80% by the tourney--this way, she can do her re-hab correctly and be at full strength for '08. We'll struggle without her, but hey..Purdue loves a challenge, and I expect everybody else to step up--and that includes the incoming freshmen. It will be hard with Linds on the sidelines this season, but look out for Purdue in '08! We will be lean, mean, and very hungry! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: