RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kay Yow Spotlight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyk

PostPosted: 06/29/07 8:41 pm    ::: Kay Yow Spotlight Reply Reply with quote

FYI, Sunday at 10 on FSN South, they're doing a spotlight show on Kay Yow. I've seen the commercial a couple times tonight.

I'll watch it if I'm here, but me being home at 10 on Sunday nights is normally questionable. We shall see.

Lurker_12

PostPosted: 07/01/07 11:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the info jimmy. I only get FSN Pitt., so if anybody sees this please post any updates if possible.

Had lunch with a good friend whose father and 2 brothers are NC State Alum's and we were talking about Coach Yow and the NCAA's, both of us were wondering how she's doing.

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
ChiChi

PostPosted: 07/01/07 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lurker_12 wrote:
Thanks for the info jimmy. I only get FSN Pitt., so if anybody sees this please post any updates if possible.

Had lunch with a good friend whose father and 2 brothers are NC State Alum's and we were talking about Coach Yow and the NCAA's, both of us were wondering how she's doing.

I'm going to watch this, I'll be happy to recap too.

As for her condition... she's feeling better, but apparently because they've stopped chemo, so personally I'm a little scared of what that means.

coach Yow getting her energy back

Lurker_12

PostPosted: 07/03/07 4:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks for the link ChiChi. I don't know what to make of the change in treatments either. It is good to hear she's feeling better, I hope for the best.

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
ChiChi

PostPosted: 07/06/07 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sorry so slow....anyhoo:
It was good. I think they're reairing it several times.

My favorite part was the old feller talking about her back in her school days. Something like the two of them were voted most athletic and would always play basketball. As far as their competition "I'd say it was even... but I'd be stretching it ... she probably beat me around 65% of the time... she had a great shot". So they talked about her getting into coaching because there weren't opportunities for her as a player, and coaching her sister Susan, who talked about having to buy their basketballs, etc...

There was a ton of praise from coaches and players. Most of it I had heard before. To be honest, it was a little bit hard to watch, because some of it sounded like a eulogy for a living person (no past tense, please).

I though Debbie Antonelli was very respectful and heartfelt in her interview.

A few weeks ago, it gave me a little happy surprise when I saw the "Kay Yow Camp" sign up on campus. I had made assumptions it wasn't going to continue.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: