RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Buffs sign Latvian JUCO for 07-08

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KatValeska

PostPosted: 05/20/07 11:03 am    ::: Buffs sign Latvian JUCO for 07-08 Reply Reply with quote

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3910&SPID=258&DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=885402

" Piterniece is Colorado’s fourth signee for the upcoming season as she joins Britney Blythe, a 5-9 point guard from San Mateo, Calif., Chelsea Dale, a 6-1 guard/forward from Palos Verdes Estates, Calif., and Brittany Spears, a 6-1 forward from Pasadena, Calif., who all signed with Colorado in November."

unkiemark

PostPosted: 05/22/07 5:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In addition to Piterniece, CU will apparently gain Kelly Jo Mullaney as a transfer from Colorado Sate. Mullaney completed her freshmen year at CSU recently and is expected to gain admission to CU. She led CSU in scoring last season. Obviously she will sit out next season and be a sophomore in 08-09.

Both Piterniece and Mullaney are wing players and good three-point shooters, which is any area the Buffs' need improvement.

PostPosted: 05/22/07 10:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's too bad. We really needed her. Crying or Very sad

gopherfan

PostPosted: 05/22/07 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That's too bad. We really needed her. Crying or Very sad

Your right that is to bad but then again why even bother trying to bring her back when she couldn't even keep her commitment here. Is one bad apple worth upsetting the whole cart if she didn't want to be here, I think not. I'm excited about Kay at least she excited to be here.

PiperB

PostPosted: 05/23/07 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

unkiemark wrote:

Both Piterniece and Mullaney are wing players and good three-point shooters, which is any area the Buffs' need improvement.

Well they also have Brittany Spears coming in. She will be by far the top recruit for this year.

Video of Spears prep school team - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRuZgrT5ybU

Spears is #22 in black, #33 Tania Walters is going to Marshall and #11 Kristina Ford to Iona
#23 Christine Lesane is a junior being recruited by Colorado.

#20 for the white team Jocelyn Bailey is considered a top 150/200 ranked junior

unkiemark

PostPosted: 05/23/07 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PiperB:

Thanks for passing on the link to the Spears' video.

I agree that she will most likely be the most talented newcomer this fall and believe that she will have a good chance at starting.

Do you happen to have her stats?

PostPosted: 05/24/07 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know her exact stats but going by the team's website, it looks like she averaged about 17/18 ppg.

unkiemark

PostPosted: 06/18/07 10:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mullaney has been officially acknowledged as transfering to Colorado from Colorado State.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=925671

It seems the Buffs will have lots of options on the wing over the next several seasons with the signing of Mullaney along with the others that have come into the fold in this recruiting class - Brittany Spears, Dina Piterniece and Chelsea Dale are also wing players.

PostPosted: 06/19/07 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

An interesting follow up article from today's Boulder Daily Camera on Mullaney:

http://www.buffzone.com/news/2007/jun/19/cu-confirms-mullaney-will-transfer-from-rams/

Also, Buff assistant Bethann Ord Shapiro is leaving to take a position with Louisville - http://www.buffzone.com/news/2007/jun/19/cu-confirms-mullaney-will-transfer-from-rams/

PostPosted: 06/20/07 7:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe I haven't followed CU close enough. But I thought Spears was suppose to be a freshman this past year (06-07) What happened?

unkiemark

PostPosted: 06/20/07 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sec310 wrote:
Maybe I haven't followed CU close enough. But I thought Spears was suppose to be a freshman this past year (06-07) What happened?

Last season Spears was accepted by admissions at CU so she spent this past season at Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, MA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: