RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Robin Roberts attends White House State Dinner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tennis2

PostPosted: 05/18/07 10:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
vanyogan wrote:
Only a complete moron would turn down a State Dinner ticket, no matter who is in office or who the honoree is.

Exactly. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

What some consider an opportunity, others consider a sellout. I am not judging Robin but saying that not all of us consider a State Dinner such a great opportunity and that some of us consider having dinner anywhere with W, MORALLY REPREHENSIBLE.

umbeta1455

PostPosted: 05/18/07 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of all the things people take offense too. It was just a damn dinner. The dinner even included the queen. While I agree those doing the invitations may have had political motivation, but not all in attendance would have to support the president.

And who knows what Robin Roberts believes to begin with. She ate food. She didn't go to say she wanted this war to happen. It's a DINNER.

tennis2

PostPosted: 05/18/07 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
Of all the things people take offense too. It was just a damn dinner. The dinner even included the queen. While I agree those doing the invitations may have had political motivation, but not all in attendance would have to support the president.

And who knows what Robin Roberts believes to begin with. She ate food. She didn't go to say she wanted this war to happen. It's a DINNER.

If you are responding to me, I think you misunderstood what I said or what I meant. I SAID I did not judge Robin Roberts...........
I also said not all of us consider attending a state dinner a great opportunity........."not all of us"..not saying others don't because obviously they do as someone on the board has said he does..............

ALSO said SOME would consider DINNER WITH BUSH ANYWHERE morally reprehensible.........OBVIOUSLY not all feel the same way. IN OTHER WORDS, unless I had an agenda to promote, I WOULD not break bread with Bush and I am sure others feel the same. JUST DISTINGUISHING what some of us would do and feel, not saying what others SHOULD do or feel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: