RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Any names floating around for UK?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/23/07 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

HomerCecil wrote:
You're certainly correct, Kentucky isn't a Texas or Duke. But is it lower than Arkansas or Washington, both of whom have coaches who have far better track records? Even Cincinnati hired a coach who'd at least been to the NCAA tournament before. Mitchell hasn't even had a winning record.

Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong. But I think two or three years from now we could be back to the Bernadette-esque days. I'm not going to renew the season tickets, but I'm sure I'll buy some single-game tickets.

How is this a better choice than Stackhouse?

adamspt2

PostPosted: 04/23/07 5:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Word is Stackhouse did not want the job. The announcement later today will clear up a lot of things, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Stackhouse and Niya remain in Lexington.

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 04/23/07 7:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Four people in my office have season tickets and none of us are renewing.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/23/07 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ode88 wrote:
UKwomensHOOPS wrote:
Wow. I enjoyed the last four years while they lasted. It's been a true rush! I love Mickie for re-energizing my love for not only UK women's Hoops, but basketball in general. Mitchell will be disappointing. No one hopes to eat crow more than me...but this proves UK does not have UK women's hoops in it's best interest...or they are just cheap. Guess I'll make more trips to Knoxville than Lexington next year.

Barnhart refused to pay the buyouts for the high profile coaches who were interested. What a disaster this is about to be. He will never finish better than fifth in the SEC. Is that what you want Mitch????

Is paying the buyouts the big issue. The more I read about this guy, the less I'm impressed. I'm wondering what else motivated them choosing him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: