RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

MSU job attractive, but candidate pool is slim.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 04/19/07 10:56 am    ::: MSU job attractive, but candidate pool is slim. Reply Reply with quote

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070419/GW0202/704190348

"The name of this game is recruiting, putting the athletes first and putting in a family atmosphere," said ESPN analyst and former Detroit Shock coach Nancy Lieberman, who hinted she was interested in MSU's job.
NOOOO Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked OOO!!!

beknighted

PostPosted: 04/19/07 11:22 am    ::: Re: MSU job attractive, but candidate pool is slim. Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070419/GW0202/704190348

"The name of this game is recruiting, putting the athletes first and putting in a family atmosphere," said ESPN analyst and former Detroit Shock coach Nancy Lieberman, who hinted she was interested in MSU's job.

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, although it might be funny to have her take the job at Penn State.

The other possibilities sound pretty reasonable, though.

gopherfan

PostPosted: 04/19/07 4:16 pm    ::: Re: MSU job attractive, but candidate pool is slim. Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
stever wrote:

I wouldn't wish that on anyone, although it might be funny to have her take the job at Penn State.

The other possibilities sound pretty reasonable, though.

I'm not calling for Pam's head nor, do I wish for her to be fired but if my team was coach less I certainly would take Nancy Lieberman. Why not she already has an obsession with Whalen, maybe with her as a Big Ten coach or at least the lucky team that gets her will get more attention. (not that MSU needs it)

Queenie

PostPosted: 04/19/07 5:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Um, if I'm a fan and Nancy Lieberman has an obsession with any player or alumna from my school, I don't want her anywhere near my *conference* much less my team.

Not to mention she's really good at blowing teams up, not so good at putting them back together again.

PostPosted: 04/19/07 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nancy getting back into coaching = much less Nancy on ESPN

Mathies to LA 2013
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: