RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Don Imus
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
Rachel's faux accent bothered me Laughing

I loved Al B Sure and Jodeci Embarassed

So true. What island was she claiming? Anyone even know? Laughing

I still zone out to Jodeci. I can't believe girls actually had a crush on K-Ci though. Even at 9, I used to wonder why he didn't keep his shirt on.

I absolutely loved Al's music but that damn unibrow.....and he was stubborn about it too. I'd be singing along like, "I can tell you how I feel about you night and day...<cut to shot of Al> oh damn there it goes again."

Even the "sexually charged" songs back then were differentl. I didn't know Al was trying to get in ol' girl's pants....now it's "wait til you see my d***."

harlem_basketball wrote:
But we can't debate the issues

For some people, that's a good thing.

Staten Laughing

I don't know who had a crush on K-Ci Shocked but I preferred Dalvin

Co-sign to the sexually charged songs...The intent was implied, but it didn't hit you over the head with it.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

harlem_basketball wrote:
But we can't debate the issues

For some people, that's a good thing.

Ah, the old ostrich technique.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
timber wrote:
I'm saying though....in all of 2 minutes you go from, "it must be your ass cuz it ain't your face" to "please turn your Bibles to chapter 2, verse 4 in the book of Revelations. But before Sista Denise reads that verse, a handclap of praise....Sista Mary's son just got a job. Praise the Lord. Everybody say Amen."

Laughing You are a mess. Laughing This thread needed some humor. But we can't debate the issues if we're busy laughing at your crazy ass. Laughing

I couldn't even respond to that post Laughing Laughing

It kills you though because it's so true. Laughing

timber wrote:
I absolutely loved Al's music but that damn unibrow.....and he was stubborn about it too. I'd be singing along like, "I can tell you how I feel about you night and day...<cut to shot of Al> oh damn there it goes again."

Laughing No. you. didn't. I'm going to bed. I can't take it anymore. Laughing

Don't talk about my baby Rachel. So what she couldn't dance, couldn't introduce the videos right, couldn't interview to save her life and had a different accent every Thursday. She was still gorgeous. Rolling Eyes Laughing

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:

you mean the video era wasn't good for all artists? Shocked

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
timber wrote:
I'm saying though....in all of 2 minutes you go from, "it must be your ass cuz it ain't your face" to "please turn your Bibles to chapter 2, verse 4 in the book of Revelations. But before Sista Denise reads that verse, a handclap of praise....Sista Mary's son just got a job. Praise the Lord. Everybody say Amen."

Laughing You are a mess. Laughing This thread needed some humor. But we can't debate the issues if we're busy laughing at your crazy ass. Laughing

I couldn't even respond to that post Laughing Laughing

It kills you though because it's so true. Laughing

timber wrote:

Laughing No. you. didn't. I'm going to bed. I can't take it anymore. Laughing

Don't talk about my baby Rachel. So what she couldn't dance, couldn't introduce the videos right, couldn't interview to save her life and had a different accent every Thursday. She was still gorgeous. Rolling Eyes Laughing

LOL..That she was

I want to thank you and Timber for taking me on this trip down New Jack Swing Memory Lane.

timber

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
timber wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Staten Laughing

Figures. Laughing

I was more a Devante type than Dalvin.

Dalvin was cute (so are most people when next to K-Ci and JoJo) but he always struck me as the lazy one in the group who was just along for the ride to pick up women. Then when I got older and found out Devante was Tyrone Biggums.......

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
timber wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:

Staten Laughing

Figures. Laughing

I was more a Devante type than Dalvin.

Dalvin was cute (so are most people when next to K-Ci and JoJo) but he always struck me as the lazy one in the group who was just along for the ride to pick up women. Then when I got older and found out Devante was Tyrone Biggums.......

You lie! Shocked

*Humming to Forever My Lady*

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iluvacc wrote:
LOL..That she was

I want to thank you and Timber for taking me on this trip down New Jack Swing Memory Lane.

Those were the days. I was watching New Jack City the other day. Oh my.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
LOL..That she was

Snipes was a hateful bad guy wasn't he? Scared the shit out of all us white folks in CT!

timber

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:

She was talentless. AFAIC, she signaled the beginning of the end. Laughing

dtsnms wrote:
timber wrote:

you mean the video era wasn't good for all artists? Shocked

Hmph. Al had every woman in the hood wanting to wax his unibrow. The man was still sessy....he just had a little issue going on with the train track connecting his brows.

Iluvacc wrote:

Ah man...break out the whiny Keith Sweat records. I still can't believe Teddy Riley was claiming broke. That man made '87-'96.

Iluvacc wrote:
timber wrote:
Then when I got older and found out Devante was Tyrone Biggums.......

You lie! Shocked

*Humming to Forever My Lady*

I swear. How's this for irony.....you didn't see him at the BET Awards a couple of years ago? Laughing I'm going to find the pictures....broke my heart. He was looking like a broke down Five Heartbeat. I swear I saw the powder on his nose.

harlem_basketball wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
LOL..That she was

The Miggie Fickie version or the real version? Laughing

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
Iluvacc wrote:
LOL..That she was

Snipes was a hateful bad guy wasn't he? Scared the shit out of all us white folks in CT!

Was? Wesley wasn't acting. Laughing

It was the Miggie Fickie version, Timber. Oh my there was some bad acting in that. Al couldn't even hold the gun right. Laughing

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Nah, now we just see him getting hustled on the court by WOODY the beertender when we think of him.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Nah, now we just see him getting hustled on the court by WOODY the beertender when we think of him.

Yeah, but some of us think of his little anger problem, tax evasion, "black women don't support my movies so they're stuck up bitches" rant in Essence and frequent female beatdowns. Laughing The best thing about White Men Can't jump was Rosie Perez. Laughing

timber

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Nah...Tu Wong Fu, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar.

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Yeah, but some of us think of his little anger problem, tax evasion, "black women don't support my movies so they're stuck up bitches" rant in Essence and frequent female beatdowns. Laughing The best thing about White Men Can't jump was Rosie Perez. Laughing

OH HELL YEAH

timber

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
harlem_basketball wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

OH HELL YEAH

Nails on a chalkboard.

Again, I'd rather listen to a Michael Eric Dyson book on tape discussing that great martyr Tupac.....than listen to Rosie Perez on film.

She's not nearly as annoying in person....sweet as all get out....but she is the reason I fast forward all of Mookie's scenes in Do the Right Thing. She was even more annoying in WMCJ.

PostPosted: 04/12/07 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

timber wrote:
Nails on a chalkboard.

Again, I'd rather listen to a Michael Eric Dyson book on tape discussing that great martyr Tupac.....than listen to Rosie Perez on film.

She's not nearly as annoying in person....sweet as all get out....but she is the reason I fast forward all of Mookie's scenes in Do the Right Thing. She was even more annoying in WMCJ.

but...but...but the white t-shirt!!!!! Twisted Evil I justed turned the freaking sound down when she spoke.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
timber wrote:
Nails on a chalkboard.

but...but...but the white t-shirt!!!!! Twisted Evil I justed turned the freaking sound down when she spoke.

Don't worry. Timber couldn't appreciate Rosie like we can. That's why she's hating on Rachel. Laughing

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Make it last forever..and ever..and ever! Laughing

I don't know if my heart can take seeing those pictures Crying or Very sad
I can't believe he turned into Eddie Kane Jr.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe I missed all this great discussion on BET... the old days.

Whatever happened to what's her name... Ananda Lewis? She used to help host Teen Summit and then she went on to host a very short lived talk show.

Devante is just a tragedy.

Speaking of New Jack City, where the hell is Christopher Williams? That's the man I had the biggest crush on, you know, when "light skinned" brothers were "in style". I never really dug Al B. Sure... the unibrow, the spare tire. Nah, give me C-Dub.

harlem_basketball

PostPosted: 04/13/07 11:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ananda lost her damn mind when she got dumped by Chris Webber - that's what happened to Ananda. I don't know where Christopher Williams is. I think he was on the chitlin circuit last I heard.

luvDhoops

PostPosted: 04/13/07 11:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

harlem_basketball wrote:
Ananda lost her damn mind when she got dumped by Chris Webber - that's what happened to Ananda. I don't know where Christopher Williams is. I think he was on the chitlin circuit last I heard.

Oh yeah that's right. I think I did see him in one advertisement for one of those worthless, "Mama I Can't Find A Man, So I'm Gonna Sang" plays.

pilight

PostPosted: 04/13/07 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Interesting behind the scenes look at the firing:

http://www.moneyweb.co.za/mw/view/mw/en/page94?oid=85826&sn=Detail

Quote:
The Rutgers news conference the next day was devastating. Carried live on cable TV, it went on for more than an hour. The coach gave a lengthy speech, before the 10 young women on the team, eight of whom are black, were introduced. They looked uncomfortable in the media glare. Without a hint of professional polish, their remarks came across as heartfelt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: