RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rush adds to the stupidity...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmyk

PostPosted: 04/11/07 11:29 pm    ::: Rush adds to the stupidity...? Reply Reply with quote

My sources tell me that Rush Limbaugh, in talking about the Imus situation today, said that Rutgers won the national championship.

Yes, Knoxville lit up the phones (and Rush) like a Christmas tree.

I'm also told that Rush wants Pat on his show sometime. Whether or not that happens, we'll see. I don't follow talk radio much, but for some reason I'm hearing lots of stuff.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/11/07 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rush, meet Pat "the stare" Summitt. Better get those pills handy...

PostPosted: 04/11/07 11:32 pm    ::: Re: Rush adds to the stupidity...? Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:
My sources tell me that Rush Limbaugh, in talking about the Imus situation today, said that Rutgers won the national championship.

Yes, Knoxville lit up the phones (and Rush) like a Christmas tree.

I'm also told that Rush wants Pat on his show sometime. Whether or not that happens, we'll see. I don't follow talk radio much, but for some reason I'm hearing lots of stuff.

I think that may have been yesterday or even Monday, since I saw something about it on the Summitt on Tuesday.

The LA Times apparently also got it wrong in the first version of the story about the RU press conference yesterday. When I read the article this afternoon, there was a box saying there had been a mistake about that in the original edition.

I'm sure I'm not as annoyed about this as the Lady Vol fans, but it is still perplexing.

LTF1

PostPosted: 04/11/07 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't think Limbaugh and the LA Times are alone. As I admitted in a post the other day, I had forgotten temporarily that Rutgers had lost the game (sorry BeK--or maybe not, maybe it's good to believe Rutgers won Very Happy )

But I don't think the media ever gave a hoot about WCBB or Rutgers. This is and has been only about race and what can and cannot be said.

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 04/11/07 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You can say it. You just should expect people will have a reaction to it. And there may be consequences.

You know what they say, Freedom ain't free.

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 04/12/07 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the way sPringer and RU are carrying on, it's no wonder people think they're the national champs.

PostPosted: 04/12/07 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, considering that ESPN.com for the longest time thought North Carolina was playing in that game, I can understand why there might be some confusion...

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: