RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

OOPS! OLD NEWS: Imus Apologizes for Rutgers Remarks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 04/06/07 11:09 pm    ::: OOPS! OLD NEWS: Imus Apologizes for Rutgers Remarks. Reply Reply with quote

Shocked

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-Imus-Apology.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

PostPosted: 04/06/07 11:24 pm    ::: Re: BREAKING NEWS. IMUS APOLOGIZES FOR RUTGERS REMARKS Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:
Shocked

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/sports/AP-Imus-Apology.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

There's talking about this on the NY sports shows. Those of you in NY, I think they are about to talk about this on SNY (time warner manhattan channel 26)

Some apology. I'd like to take him out myself, the stupid mo'fo'!! I think those "rough" Rutgers girls should stand outside his radio studio and picket his show...and I'll join them.

the only good thing that can come of this is some consciousness-raising about women in sports the 'no publicity is bad publicity' thing for women's basketball. but i suppose that could work for the shithead Imus as well.

wow, i never gave a shit about him before. now I hate him. really, really, hate him.

dwalkfan22

PostPosted: 04/07/07 12:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

here's video of him saying it... wat an asshole..

http://www.wnbc.com/video/11537836/index.html

PostPosted: 04/07/07 12:01 pm    ::: Re: BREAKING NEWS. IMUS APOLOGIZES FOR RUTGERS REMARKS Reply Reply with quote

thesixthwoman wrote:

the only good thing that can come of this is some consciousness-raising about women in sports the 'no publicity is bad publicity' thing for women's basketball. but i suppose that could work for the shithead Imus as well.

wow, i never gave a shit about him before. now I hate him. really, really, hate him.

I never cared for him; just not into that style of 'entertainment.' And insulting politicians, CEOs, etc. is one thing, but why pick on college kids?

Like you say, maybe this will do some consciousness-raising about women in sports, or at least give a little more exposure to Rutgers and what their team accomplished this season.

Some Rutgers alums in Cleveland told me they got asked a lot about their team, where RU is, etc., so maybe they've got some new fans now. Or at least more people who are aware of them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: