RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

S.I. preseason rankings...already

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cferraro04

PostPosted: 04/04/07 3:33 pm    ::: S.I. preseason rankings...already Reply Reply with quote

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tracy_schultz/04/04/rankings.lookahead/

caune

PostPosted: 04/04/07 4:31 pm    ::: Re: S.I. preseason rankings...already Reply Reply with quote

cferraro04 wrote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/tracy_schultz/04/04/rankings.lookahead/

hmm ASU will be much improved with two transfers over 6'-3, a 6'-4" rookie post and all but one guard returning...and not even a mention...still earning respect I guess Wink

PostPosted: 04/04/07 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just more to fuel the motivation for the devils...another finish in the eight will confirm CTT has everything on track.

PostPosted: 04/04/07 6:01 pm    ::: Re: S.I. preseason rankings...already Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
cferraro04 wrote:

hmm ASU will be much improved with two transfers over 6'-3, a 6'-4" rookie post and all but one guard returning...and not even a mention...still earning respect I guess Wink

Don't listen to Tracy Schultz. She don't know nothing, aight. Surprised

Anyways, theres a lot of talent in that top-10 with a lot of teams returning all their players such as LSU, Rutgers, Maryland and Uconn. So breaking that top-10 will be tough.

But I agree with you Caune. The real missing ingredicent for ASU has been a dominant post-game if those two transfers can give them that, then they are easily a threat to break that top-10 next season.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 04/05/07 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I completely expect people to write Purdue off. Happens all the time. This year was to be a catastrophe and along came the Elite Eight.

Gearlds and Lawless leave, not fun; but if you're at all familiar with the Boilers, you know there's still a nice arsenal.

And seriously. George Washington? Whatever.

LadyDevilFan

PostPosted: 04/05/07 1:12 am    ::: Re: S.I. preseason rankings...already Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
cferraro04 wrote:

Lol, no kidding. We're not even mentioned as a FRINGE team. Rolling Eyes

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

If the team read things like this I know they'd be motivated, because I sure as hell am! Wink

Give 'em Hell Devils!

--LDF

PalaceAthena

PostPosted: 04/05/07 4:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
I completely expect people to write Purdue off. Happens all the time. This year was to be a catastrophe and along came the Elite Eight.

Gearlds and Lawless leave, not fun; but if you're at all familiar with the Boilers, you know there's still a nice arsenal.

Aww, c'mon now. I was all set to give an amen to your post until you ended with the dig on GW. Evil or Very Mad

I love Purdue; they're my second favorite team, but you just dissed my favorite team for no good reason. It's not like GW is a random pick. They did make the Sweet 16 this year. They're returning four of their five starters, including one of the nation's best PGs, a very good SG and a potentially dominant center. Not too mention a very scrappy forward who reminds me an awful lot of Michelle Duhart (I know you remember her).

And don't forget, GW did beat Purdue at the start of the 2005-06 season. Wink

maroondevil

PostPosted: 04/05/07 8:46 am    ::: Re: S.I. preseason rankings...already Reply Reply with quote

LadyDevilFan wrote:
caune wrote:
cferraro04 wrote:

Lol, no kidding. We're not even mentioned as a FRINGE team. Rolling Eyes

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

If the team read things like this I know they'd be motivated, because I sure as hell am! Wink

Give 'em Hell Devils!

--LDF

agreed.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 04/05/07 12:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:

I'm looking forward to it. Wisdom-Hylton is only getting better and there are some nice pieces there. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about this squad to truly put them in the top-10. Gearlds was a big piece that is leaving.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: