RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

new chatman article
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StanfordBBFan

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
Of course there are double-standards (there shouldn't be, but there are), but I am not sure this case applies. If no one ever alleged or complained of a relationship between "George" and "Danielle" while he was coaching she, than the fact that they apparently got together afterward is immaterial.

No, they didn't get together afterward. They got married afterward, but they were definitely an item while he was her coach--the only question for sure is how much of an item while she was still a minor. There was no secret about this relationship. There may have been complaints, but Danielle was such a big star compared to the others on her team that they got buried if there were any.

I just scrounged up a bio on Danielle that indicates timeline a little bit here.

Last edited by StanfordBBFan on 03/30/07 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kamala

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
Of course there are double-standards (there shouldn't be, but there are), but I am not sure this case applies. If no one ever alleged or complained of a relationship between "George" and "Danielle" while he was coaching she, than the fact that they apparently got together afterward is immaterial. IE if he didn't hit on her while he was coaching her, then there is no problem.

IF Chatman was involved with a former player who was on the team at the time, and then someone (eg said player, parent, grandpa, whoever) later made a complaint, then that is a problem.

LTF1 please read StanfordBBFan's comments!! Thanks StanfordBBFan. I really appreciate that.

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala:"LTF1 please read StanfordBBFan's comments!! Thanks StanfordBBFan. I really appreciate that."

Well, I read 'em again but I am still missing something but no matter.

If "they were definitely an item while he was her coach--the only question for sure is how much of an item while she was still a minor"

then if he hit on her while she was a minor, he should be in jail. If he hit on her while she was of age but coaching her, then he should have been fired.

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
StanfordBBFan

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kamala wrote:
Thanks StanfordBBFan. I really appreciate that.

No problem...just don't make me talk about Ian Sawyers and Julie Foudy. Shocked Of course, though he did coach her at Stanford, they also didn't get married until 2 years after she graduated. Timeline there has always been awfully fuzzy... Confused

StanfordBBFan

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
then if he hit on her while she was a minor, he should be in jail. If he hit on her while she was of age but coaching her, then he should have been fired.

Maybe so, but I'm not here to argue a point of morality. The thing here is that despite the very public history of this relationship that clearly started when Danielle was playing for him, LSU had no issue hiring George Fotopoulos...a man who had previously had a coach/player romantic relationship.

None of this makes a damn bit of difference about whether what Pokey did was right or wrong (never mind that we still don't know what she did), but it does seem to indicate a double standard at LSU...unless, of course, they sent school officials to all of the LSU women's soccer team's away games to chaperone George...just in case he did it again... Rolling Eyes

LTF1

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hey Kamala, is that you I saw over at Tigerdroppings? I'm not registered to post there but I lurk sometimes to get a hold of the latest rumors (which you will note I have the good sense not to repeat here)

I give you credit for going in to the Tiger's den over there, most of those folks make me look downright progressive Smile

A life of leisure is no life you know"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPeJixp-zp4&feature=related
Kamala

PostPosted: 03/30/07 8:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LTF1 wrote:
Hey Kamala, is that you I saw over at Tigerdroppings? I'm not registered to post there but I lurk sometimes to get a hold of the latest rumors (which you will note I have the good sense not to repeat here)

I give you credit for going in to the Tiger's den over there, most of those folks make me look downright progressive Smile

LOL!! Yeah, you got 'em pegged right at Tiger's den. That's me over there too.

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: