RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Sylvia Fowles Eligible for the Draft?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/27/07 9:07 pm    ::: Sylvia Fowles Eligible for the Draft? Reply Reply with quote

That's what they just said, right?

I swear, I need no further proof that ESPN gets their information from here Wink .

pilight

PostPosted: 03/27/07 9:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No doubt. The first mention of Carol Ross' 1-19 record against Pat Summitt before tonight came less than five minutes after I posted it here. Laughing

PostPosted: 03/28/07 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
No doubt. The first mention of Carol Ross' 1-19 record against Pat Summitt before tonight came less than five minutes after I posted it here. Laughing

I think they bookmarked pilights messages and read them before the game. If I were announcing, I would make it a rule to always talk to pilight first. Wink

caune

PostPosted: 03/28/07 2:52 pm    ::: Re: Sylvia Fowles Eligible for the Draft? Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:
That's what they just said, right?

I swear, I need no further proof that ESPN gets their information from here Wink .

Oh I missed that. Who said it...and does Sylvia know she's eligible?

PostPosted: 03/28/07 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sylvia is eligible. She knows it. She's not coming.

caune

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Sylvia is eligible. She knows it. She's not coming.

And she confirmed this?

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is she eligible? Is she graduating early? Can't say that I've heard that. She's been a starter since she got there..sooooo.......... Question Question Question Question

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

she turns 22 this year.

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah...but I thought that requirement was one that was combined with other requirements? Can someone find that list....I could be wrong....I admit it in advance if I am....

PostPosted: 03/28/07 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comet_fan_97 wrote:
Yeah...but I thought that requirement was one that was combined with other requirements? Can someone find that list....I could be wrong....I admit it in advance if I am....

http://www.womensbasketballonline.com/wnba/wnbacba.pdf

Page 88
Quote:

Section 1. Player Eligibility.
(a) Only players who are women are eligible to play in the WNBA.
(b) A player is eligible to be selected in the WNBA Draft if she: (i) will be at least twenty-two (22) years old during the calendar year in which such Draft is held; (ii) has graduated from a four-year college or university, or is to graduate from such college or university, during the calendar year in which such Draft is held; or (iii) attended a four-year college or university, her original class in such college or university has already been graduated or is to graduate during the calendar year in which such Draft is held, and she either has no remaining intercollegiate eligibility or renounces her remaining intercollegiate eligibility by written notice to the WNBA at least ten (10) days prior to such Draft.

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 03/28/07 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I stand corrected. Wow. Interesting. If they win a championship she might consider. Maybe....

PostPosted: 03/28/07 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

(b) A player is eligible to be selected in the WNBA Draft if she: (i) will be at least twenty-two (22) years old during the calendar year in which such Draft is held; (ii) has graduated from a four-year college or university, or is to graduate from such college or university, during the calendar year in which such Draft is held; or (iii) attended a four-year college or university, her original class in such college or university has already been graduated or is to graduate during the calendar year in which such Draft is held, and she either has no remaining intercollegiate eligibility or renounces her remaining intercollegiate eligibility by written notice to the WNBA at least ten (10) days prior to such Draft.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/07 4:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:

There are exceptions to the 10 day thing for players still in the tournament, which Fowles is.

PostPosted: 03/28/07 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
There are exceptions to the 10 day thing for players still in the tournament, which Fowles is.

Of course. The relevant point being that she would have to formally submit her name in order to be eligible for selection next Wednesday. The 22-year-old clause isn't enough by itself...

pilight

PostPosted: 03/28/07 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

p_d_swanson wrote:
pilight wrote:

Of course. The relevant point being that she would have to formally submit her name in order to be eligible for selection next Wednesday. The 22-year-old clause isn't enough by itself...

So she could come out by simply submitting her name when the Lady Tigers are eliminated or win the tournament.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: