RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dayton Game 2: (3) Oklahoma vs. (7) Ole Miss
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 03/25/07 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WAY to go Ole Miss!!!!!!!

Duh, I think the Arminty upped her price in the W Draft. She has all the skill sets needed for the faster, tougher play in the WNBA. Whoever gets her will have an instant star.

If Arminty is not the DPOY, then I don't know who is.

Exquisite

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's definitely killin' everyone.

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was stuck on a plane during this game.....I tossed and turned all the way. I was soooooo glad to hear that we won. The team had that look in their eyes when they boarded the bus in Oxford. I had and have faith in them. I also haven't seen that look in our players' eyes in a loooooong time. Kudos to Coach Ross and all the haters out there. I'm not surprised at how we're playing right now. I've been just waiting for them to get it together.

Two of my fave teams match up next....but Ole Miss is #1.....who gives a "D" what Carol's record against Pat is????? We lost to MD by 30+ then never let them lead in the round of 32 game. It should be a verrrrry good match. You can bet your ass I won't be flying during that one! Until we win of course....

I'm so proud of our girls. Maybe we can recruit some post players for next year. (No offense to our current players cause they play their asses off. ) We need some size down low to really bang with the big gurls...I'm so pumped!

"Going for the knockout!"

PostPosted: 03/26/07 3:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

waterloosunset wrote:
I've got no desire to see Mississippi win, but watching them torment Oklahoma does make me feel the tiniest bit better about the torment they put my Maryland through. Misery loves company and all...

Then don't worry. They won't be allowed to play that sort of defense againt Pat Summit.

Slapping at the ball and playing tight on their (wo)man will be called a foul against Tesnnessee, regardless of whether it is or not.

History says so. Wish it weren't like that, but it will be.

Even against Marist they were allowed to get away with 8 seconds in the lane and getting offensive fouls called called on the defense. Mississippi will need to beat the Vols by 15 throughout the game to be anywhere near them by the last 5 minutes. They are about to meet politics and it nearly always beats better basketball. Pat would still be trying to win 750 if her teams had to play by the same rule as her opponents.

If it's somehow close near the end, then the calls to help The Vols will really become obvious, but it's nothing new for us who have watched this year after year. I'd expect Mississippi to have most of their key players in foul trouble midway into the second half. Watch the three seconds early on against Tennessee as well, after you count to five and they are still camped in the lane you'll understand how this one is going to be called.

The Mississippi defense is suffocating, but against Tenn it will simply be one foul after another, particularly after it works for well for the first few minutes.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: