RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dayton Game 1: (1) Tennessee vs. (13) Marist
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ever heard of three seconds refs and Bobitt was out of control.

Soonerville

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Question:

With the game utterly out of hand- - why are all of Tennessee's starters in the game with 2:00 to go?

Confused

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soonerville wrote:
Question:

With the game utterly out of hand- - why are all of Tennessee's starters in the game with 2:00 to go?

Confused

Because Pat's All Class. Rolling Eyes

Soonerville

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkee212 wrote:
c_eggleston wrote:
pilight wrote:
Well, it looked for a second like Marist might chip their way back in. LVs now up 26, and this game is pretty much a historical fact.

so why is candace parker still playing?

Media exposure.

Laughing

A good thing, too. Nobody's ever heard of her. Wink

Are these refs blind?

Travel on Hornbucle, self pass by Spencer. Had to reverse that other call.

Soonerville

boilerjay wrote:
Soonerville wrote:
Question:

Confused

Because Pat's All Class. Rolling Eyes

I call it "Pulling a Mulkey" Wink

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soonerville wrote:
Question:

Confused

And pressing. Shocked

BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is there a reason why all of TN's starters were playing until the final buzzer?

bullsky

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

BBallFanCT729 wrote:

No. And it really annoyed me. They are fortunate no one got hurt.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

precisely.
i couldn't believe when pat subbed parker and hornbuckle back in.

PEACE
BBallFanCT729

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:
BBallFanCT729 wrote:

Exactly. I mean, I understand playing hard till the end, but Parker, Hornbuckle & Spencer were put back in at the 2:19 mark, with the game well in hand.

pilight

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mikeyc22 wrote:
Are these refs blind?

Travel on Hornbucle, self pass by Spencer. Had to reverse that other call.

The self pass thing was bad, but irrelevant at that point.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 12:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

at least parker didn't add insult to injury and dunk one on marist. hey, pat, lighten up...you won it early in the first half.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
at least parker didn't add insult to injury and dunk one on marist. hey, pat, lighten up...you won it early in the first half.

The best part is, Tennessee fans are the first ones to point this out when another coach does it.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 03/25/07 1:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Soonerville wrote:
Question:

Confused

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=ncaa&id=ncw&tid=653492&lid=8

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/25/07 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This thread is becoming all the more reason for me to say one thing.

Go Bulldogs!

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/25/07 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jimmyk wrote:

Go Bulldogs!

Okay, dude, I'm not fond of the loudest Purdue fans on this board either, but looking at the posts, I'm seeing disagreement with Summitt's decision-making from not just Purdue fans, but also UConn fans (both of the crazy and the rational type), a Seattle fan whose college loyalty I don't know, a Texan whose college loyalty I don't know, an Illinois fan, a couple of Oklahoma fans... oh, and now a Rutgers fan, as I'd like to take this opportunity to register my distaste at Summitt's decision.

So, um, yeah, if UConn fans and RU fans are agreeing? Summitt maaaaaay have misstepped just a little.

PostPosted: 03/25/07 6:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
jimmyk wrote:

Go Bulldogs!

Okay, dude, I'm not fond of the loudest Purdue fans on this board either, but looking at the posts, I'm seeing disagreement with Summitt's decision-making from not just Purdue fans, but also UConn fans (both of the crazy and the rational type), a Seattle fan whose college loyalty I don't know, a Texan whose college loyalty I don't know, an Illinois fan, a couple of Oklahoma fans... oh, and now a Rutgers fan, as I'd like to take this opportunity to register my distaste at Summitt's decision.

So, um, yeah, if UConn fans and RU fans are agreeing? Summitt maaaaaay have misstepped just a little.

Yeah..I'm thinking the world is gonna explode..

On a side note..a nice shout out to Candace Parker..who could have (a few times in this game) dunked, and add insult to injury to Marist..and didn't.

OU#1

PostPosted: 03/25/07 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just got back from game. I respect Marist even more and dislike Tenn. even more. Marist never gave up. Never backed down. And yes they got hacked tons. Tenn. better learn to stop cuts in the lane by Tues. or it could be a long night for them. I think Pat lacked faith in her bench. Her pressing at the end was ignorant also.

What I don't understand about her even more now is why she lets her players either take time to pout to a ref's call or no-call or play to the crowd after they do something correct - something they should be doing in the first place? Its going to cost them someday. I just hope sooner than later. Didn't see any other team today (including Ol Miss or Okla. game) do the showboatin'/ p..&moanin' thing. And no one last night on TV did it at the Tenn. level either.

They are the more talented team. Its just they cross the line too often blowing their own horn. They by far have the biggest fan base I've seen in awhile, so why not let the fans go crazy and loud over the great play, not over the dramatics. I don't know, maybe Tenn. just seems to be emuliating the men's game more than raising the standard of skill level for the women's game. Their actual game doesn't seem to match their talent, if that makes any sense.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/25/07 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
jimmyk wrote:

Go Bulldogs!

You're bitching over 19 points. 19 freaking points. So was she supposed to let Marist get within 5 before playing the starters? If she'd have put in the starters with a 20 point lead to get it to 30, I'd understand the aggravation. But it's 19 freaking points.

Do we know what's in her head? Nope. Maybe she wanted them to practice doing something with people who aren't teammates before they got to tougher competition. I know it's March 25 and they should know what they're doing, but it's a possibility that she wanted them to work on something they haven't done much in a while since they had this game in hand.

Yeah...one of them could've gotten hurt. I'll grant you that argument. But just because there's no obvious reason for something doesn't mean that Pat didn't have a useful motive for having them in the game at the end.

jimmyk

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Um...might I ADD that Marist outscored Tennessee in the second half, 25-23.

I think it'll be just fine. You don't see Brian Giorgis talking about it...or at least I didn't. I would imagine he's happy to WIN a full 20 minutes of basketball over Tennessee.

bgsufalcon24

PostPosted: 03/25/07 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think congratulations are in order for Marist, they played with a lot of heart despite being horribly overmatched. It was great to see them reach the Sweet 16, they were a few rounds away from being this year's George Mason.

As for Pat Summit playing her starters late in the game, I don't know why she was doing that, but it seemed a bit out of line, especially with under 2 minutes left. It's not like Marist was going to erase a 19 point deficit in 2 minutes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: