RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Rained out game!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:44 pm    ::: Re: Rained out game! Reply Reply with quote

potd41 wrote:
DblT81 wrote:
A different take on the game by the Texas Tech radio announcer.

http://www.williamsandhyatt.com/blog.htm

Sounds like sour grapes to me....and no ASU doesn't need the publicity.
Their record speaks for itself.

His take is closer to my take on the game, it shouldn't have been called, it was a game after all. I'm sure ASU would have won, but the whole thing was treated like a big joke. What if it had been a tie game, would they have called it a tie? I just think arrangements should have been made beforehand to ensure the game was able to be completed, after all it was played in a dome.

I'd still like to know what the rules are concerning something like this.

DblT81

PostPosted: 12/20/06 10:45 pm    ::: Re: Rained out game! Reply Reply with quote

potd41 wrote:
Sounds like sour grapes to me....and no ASU doesn't need the publicity. Their record speaks for itself.

Hyatt has been the radio p-b-p announcer for Tech since before Sheryl Swoopes played there. He is very unique in that he uses a lot of humor in his broadcast. He is also very honest in his assessment of the Tech team in his blog and in his broadcast.

He has called more than 450 women's basketball games over the radio. He is probably one of the most tenured radio announcers involved with women's college basketball. He knows what he is talking about.

Every women's team in the NCAA needs publicity. Why play an outdoor game if they are not trying to draw attention? I didn't realize this game was scheduled after the current record was earned.

http://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Baylor%2BPublic%2BInf%2BReport.pdf
Kelli

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
Are there any rules governing a situation like this, be it rain, electrical failure, etc? How was ASU declared the winner, under what set of rules? Is there a minimum time required before a game is considered a final and wins and losses are put on your record?

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_m_w_basketball_rules.pdf

See Rule 5, section 4.

PostPosted: 12/21/06 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

""If they'd have had a little radar or something we could have seen it coming and maybe closed the roof in time," Texas Tech coach Kristy Curry said. "Keep an eye on the tracker. We've got that on a channel back home." "

Oh well, ya still would've lost, Kristy.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 12/22/06 12:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
rebkell wrote:
Are there any rules governing a situation like this, be it rain, electrical failure, etc? How was ASU declared the winner, under what set of rules? Is there a minimum time required before a game is considered a final and wins and losses are put on your record?

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_m_w_basketball_rules.pdf

See Rule 5, section 4.

Section 4. Interrupted Games
Art. 1. When a game is interrupted because of events beyond the control
of the responsible administrative authorities, it shall be continued from the
point of interruption unless the teams agree otherwise or there are applicable
conference, league or association rules.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: