RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

UNI vs Iowa

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanyogan

PostPosted: 12/19/06 9:46 pm    ::: UNI vs Iowa Reply Reply with quote

Iowa getting spanked by UNI, 77-45 in late in the 2nd half
Shocked

PostPosted: 12/19/06 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shocked

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/19/06 11:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is what happens when you think it's cute to show up your program's most legendary coach in her own arena. Karma comes back and bitchslaps you.

(Iowa was not exactly tactful when visiting RU the other night. Acted like the RAC was their home court. Stringer was offended enough that she didn't look at the Iowa coach when they shook hands.)

PostPosted: 12/20/06 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Iowa is not nearly as good as I expected them to be. I thought they would finish No. 3 in the Big 10, and now it is tough to see them in the tournament.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/20/06 12:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm holding off giving any opinion about their goodness or otherwise during preseason. I have them third in conference and that won't change until we start our own dance. Still: Shocked for tonight.

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/20/06 12:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was all ready to defend Northern Illinois on this thread, but then I checked Iowa's schedule and saw Northern Iowa. Wow. Shocked No way to defend that.

Mathies to LA 2013
joetro

PostPosted: 12/20/06 1:40 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two comments:

1) The non-conference is not the pre-season, it is part of the season. This loss will really hurt Iowa as far as being a bubble team. I think they will be 5 or 6 in conference, with Indiana and maybe even Penn State battling for the 4 and 5 spots along with Iowa.

2) Why do Purdue fans celebrate when teams like Ohio State or Iowa lose? Wouldn't you want your other conference mates to do well?

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 12/20/06 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This actually is a very nice loss if you're a team like Mizzou, Indiana, Iowa St, Colorado, PSU or some other seemingly lower tier major school looking to get into the tournament. These are the type of losses a team like Iowa can not afford, and will need a big win to offset the effects.

Mizzou in particular, assuming they win their last two non-conference games, should be in good shape having a couple of okay wins over South Dakota St. and Ohio, and only one loss - to Stanford.

With little coverage, I really don't know what to make of what is happening in Iowa.

PostPosted: 12/20/06 2:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
Two comments:

1) The non-conference is not the pre-season, it is part of the season. This loss will really hurt Iowa as far as being a bubble team. I think they will be 5 or 6 in conference, with Indiana and maybe even Penn State battling for the 4 and 5 spots along with Iowa.

2) Why do Purdue fans celebrate when teams like Ohio State or Iowa lose? Wouldn't you want your other conference mates to do well?

I am very much a Purdue fan...and I root for all of the conference games outside of B10 play. I think you would find fans of every program that say crazy things and do even more bizarre things...

gopherfan

PostPosted: 12/20/06 8:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

No, not if it suits your team. I look at it this way, as long as people think Penn state, Iowa and Indy are going to better then Minnesota I hope to see less wins from them and a few more wins for us to boost us in the Big Ten standings.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

gopherfan wrote:
Quote:

No, not if it suits your team. I look at it this way, as long as people think Penn state, Iowa and Indy are going to better then Minnesota I hope to see less wins from them and a few more wins for us to boost us in the Big Ten standings.

Very good point. I love the Big Ten Conference (hence the moniker) but Purdue is above all else. Razz

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/20/06 9:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Queenie wrote:
This is what happens when you think it's cute to show up your program's most legendary coach in her own arena. Karma comes back and bitchslaps you.

(Iowa was not exactly tactful when visiting RU the other night. Acted like the RAC was their home court. Stringer was offended enough that she didn't look at the Iowa coach when they shook hands.)

What did Iowa do at Rutgers?? Confused

Queenie

PostPosted: 12/20/06 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
Queenie wrote:

What did Iowa do at Rutgers?? Confused

Ran onto the court *through* RU's layup/drill lines, when they could have avoided doing so. Set up their anthem line before RU was out of the huddle, forcing the Scarlet Knights to walk through the line to get to the opposite free throw line. Took their sweet time coming out of every timeout, to the point where I was surprised that they didn't get called for delay of game. Tried to intentionally foul in the last minute (geesh, I think it was something like four seconds left) down 18.

In other words, cocky stunts that might be acceptable on one's own homecourt, but not on the road. Certainly not against a coach that took the program to the Final Four.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: