RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Temeka Johnson

View previous topic :: View next topic  
umbeta1455

PostPosted: 06/03/05 7:46 pm    ::: Temeka Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Damn, that girl must be very high on ROY. I had my doubts I have to admit. It was mroe from what peopelw ere telling me on these boards because of her height. I even remember I think VeProfessor talking about wanting Dionnah Jackson. At 5'3 or 5'2 as some people say, she is really good. I can only go from statistics, but a good pick from the Mystics. 12 points and 9 assists with 7 minutes left in the game. I thought she was good but I thought it was because of Augustus in college. I am now wondering if their was a chance that she was making Augustus look really good in college and I just didnt' know it.

I am guessing Augustus will be the top draft choice, and I would even choose her, but Johnson is legit. She made the transition easily it looks like. Am I wrong???

Slovydal

PostPosted: 06/03/05 7:48 pm    ::: Re: Temeka Johnson Reply Reply with quote

LOL!

I just bounced over here form the Dub dot com to give props to the kid.

Whooo! I think she's in the running for ROY

PUmatty

PostPosted: 06/03/05 7:50 pm    ::: Re: Temeka Johnson Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:
LOL!

I just bounced over here form the Dub dot com to give props to the kid.

Whooo! I think she's in the running for ROY

It's early in the season, but IMO she is the frontrunner.

styxfan22

PostPosted: 06/03/05 9:34 pm    ::: Re: Temeka Johnson Reply Reply with quote

umbeta1455 wrote:
I am guessing Augustus will be the top draft choice, and I would even choose her, but Johnson is legit. She made the transition easily it looks like. Am I wrong???

You're not wrong! She looks amazingly comfortable running the show at this level, and her height hasn't been an issue.

Tonight, she was matched up twice against Katie Smith on jump balls, and somehow the Mystics came up with the possession both times. It was hilarious.

Futurama

PostPosted: 06/03/05 9:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well she should be happy she went 6th and not 5th.

sootz

PostPosted: 06/03/05 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Our Mighty #2 is the real deal. She is so fast, moving in and zipping right past the big gals, getting her shots and passes off like lightning. Runs the team from the point like a veteran, not a rookie. Seems like she can pass the ball across half the court effortlessly. Even gets the jump balls! She is great fun to watch. Her strength and spirit and spunk have made her a fan favorite here in DC and a legitimate contender for ROY.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 06/03/05 10:06 pm    ::: ROY G BIV Reply Reply with quote

sootz wrote:
Our Mighty #2 is the real deal. She is so fast, moving in and zipping right past the big gals, getting her shots and passes off like lightning. Runs the team from the point like a veteran, not a rookie. Seems like she can pass the ball across half the court effortlessly. Even gets the jump balls! She is great fun to watch. Her strength and spirit and spunk have made her a fan favorite here in DC and a legitimate contender for ROY.

It's way early, but so far there seem to be two ROY contenders, Mighty Mouse and Tan White. It doesn't help that half the first round of the draft isn't playing: two first-round picks waived, McCarville on IR, Irvin with stomach flu, Wecker Crying or Very sad ...

MNfan22

PostPosted: 06/03/05 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well 4, 5 gms into the season Mighty Mouse has made her mark. She's at the top of my list.

Haven't seen her in person yet but she has stormed out the gates. She is starting, she's been productive, consistant, confident, comfortable in what she needs to do and what she's asked to do, has no fear & is a rookie playing like a pro. Thats the best kind of rookie.

Way to go Miss Johnson, you go girl Cool !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: