RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

LSU and MSU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/17/06 3:58 pm    ::: LSU and MSU Reply Reply with quote

LSU 65

MSU 50

I was conflicted over this one. I'm a big MSU and Coach M fan, but I have some serious love for Sylvia and Pokey. I guess I just wish the score had been closer.

No 1 Throwdown

PostPosted: 12/17/06 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh boy, the score was darn close to what it could have been.

MSU scored 14 points in the first 19 minutes Shocked Embarassed

They looked 10X better the second half, I expected a 10pt loss so not too bad a effort. Dehaan is awesome aside from not grabbing rebounds hard enough(use stick'em) you cant lob pass over her because she can jump like a guard, she shoots well midrange and cant miss in close. Jefferson went for rebounds not caring what part of her body she slammed to the floor on (SHE IS HARDCORE)

MSU didnt make me feel like the couldnt challange for a BIG10 title, LSU is really good. (msu still top 25 definitely)

my final statement.......

OHIO STATE LOST WAY WORSE Cool

HIGH FIVE!

Red Panda 4 life
#4-MSU-4ever

PostPosted: 12/17/06 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This game ended up about what I expected. In order to win, they had to have a good game from everyone, that just didn't happen today. The first half was embarrassing, they looked tentative, intimidated & were trying to force things.

Jefferson played her butt off & even knocked big Syl right on her keester one time. She is tough & along with DeHaan looked like she meant it when grabbing rebounds.

I was very impressed with DeHaan. Before the game I was thinking Fowles was going to eat her alive, not because she isn't good, but simply because she is inexperienced. She played well & held her own. There
was one time in particular that she stuffed Fowle's shot right back into her face.

In my layman's opinion, this game showed MSU's major weakness: the lack of a true point guard. I love Rene Hanes, but she is a slasher & a shooter, & is killer on defense BUT.....she is not a point guard. In the first half, especially, it didn't look like anyone was running the show & setting things up. They kind of ran around like chickens with their heads cut off.

MSU was capable of winning this game if they played well...they did not. They actually cut the lead to 7 pts. I think twice in the 2nd half but each time LSU fought them off. Mostly it was a 10-11 point lead for LSU most of the 2nd half, with a lot of foul shots at the end ballooning it to the final 15 pt. spread.

umcp77

PostPosted: 12/18/06 12:20 am    ::: Awaiting MSU's visit to College Park on Jan. 6... Reply Reply with quote

I sense the Spartans could give the Terrapins a good game, although I think Maryland's athleticism and balance will likely wear them down. Will be interesting to see how DeHaan does against Harper and Langhorne.

PostPosted: 12/18/06 2:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maryland is definitely a favorite, MSU needs to win the next 5 to absorb that probable loss.

It sucks that every ranked team on thier schedule is like elite teams... they are more of a 12-20 team...

The offense needs improvement.

Red Panda 4 life
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: