RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Never Again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/12/06 11:46 pm    ::: Never Again Reply Reply with quote

http://jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/SPORTS02010202/612120325/1152/NEWS

"Bad loss. Good bounce-back victory.

There's no other way to view the setback at Notre Dame. Blowing the 11-point second-half lead will be brought up the rest of the season. Even senior Katie Gearlds wrote "Never Again" on her shoes in reference to the loss."

ucbart

PostPosted: 12/13/06 10:17 am    ::: Re: Never Again Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
http://jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/SPORTS02010202/612120325/1152/NEWS

There's no other way to view the setback at Notre Dame. Blowing the 11-point second-half lead will be brought up the rest of the season. Even senior Katie Gearlds wrote "Never Again" on her shoes in reference to the loss."

I can't stand when players write shit all over their shoes. It seems so very 7th grade to me.

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 12/13/06 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I saw LJ's shoes one time while she was warming up for a playoff game against the Comets...on one it said "PLAY HARD", the other "HAVE FUN".

I guess "TRUE BLUE" will be next...LOL. Love that gal.

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:35 am    ::: Re: Never Again Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:

I can't stand when players write shit all over their shoes. It seems so very 7th grade to me.

So....Don't write shit all over YOUR shoes. I say, whatever works for you to be able to stay strong and focused. Boiler up!

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:43 am    ::: Re: Never Again Reply Reply with quote

ucbart wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:

It's almost as juvenile as having to take names off of jerseys so players will no they play on a team Wink

miatamama

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:01 pm    ::: on shoes Reply Reply with quote

Writing stuff on your shoes for motivation might work against a lesser team (i.e. Butler) but no amount of cr*p on shoes will work against an equal or better team. It's how you use the feet, body and how ya shoot. MOVE YOUR FEET--that at least means you're in the game and not zoned out.

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:27 pm    ::: Re: on shoes Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
Writing stuff on your shoes for motivation might work against a lesser team (i.e. Butler) but no amount of cr*p on shoes will work against an equal or better team. It's how you use the feet, body and how ya shoot. MOVE YOUR FEET--that at least means you're in the game and not zoned out.

And you're going to tell Katie what works for her? Laughing

miatamama

PostPosted: 12/13/06 12:57 pm    ::: No Reply Reply with quote

I don't give a rusty darn what she or any other player write on their shoes. BUT if you don't MOVE THOSE FEET on the court, if you act like you're numb or whatever then words on shoes won't make a darn bit of difference. THIS IS NOT (repeat NOT) directed at KG or any player in particular. This whole concept of words on shoes is just another thing players use to psych themselves. WHATEVER. If your play doesn't match up to your shoe-words then they're meaningless.

By the way--there's no excuse for losing that ND game.

PostPosted: 12/13/06 1:06 pm    ::: Re: No Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
I don't give a rusty darn what she or any other player write on their shoes. BUT if you don't MOVE THOSE FEET on the court, if you act like you're numb or whatever then words on shoes won't make a darn bit of difference. THIS IS NOT (repeat NOT) directed at KG or any player in particular. This whole concept of words on shoes is just another thing players use to psych themselves. WHATEVER. If your play doesn't match up to your shoe-words then they're meaningless.

I totally agree. You know as well as I do, however, that Katie seems to get tripped up by her head so much. If she feels some writing on her shoes is going to help her out, then I say, "Write! Please write!" Of course her body needs to follow her sentiments, as you explained.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 12/13/06 1:36 pm    ::: Re: No Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
miatamama wrote:

I totally agree. You know as well as I do, however, that Katie seems to get tripped up by her head so much. If she feels some writing on her shoes is going to help her out, then I say, "Write! Please write!" Of course her body needs to follow her sentiments, as you explained.

God...she is like Ann Strother...I feel your pain Purdue fans...

PostPosted: 12/13/06 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard the ND players wrote "left" and "right" on their sneakers so as to not get them confused.

shizanna

PostPosted: 12/13/06 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
I heard the ND players wrote "left" and "right" on their sneakers so as to not get them confused.

*popping dts on the head* Behave! Wink

PostPosted: 12/13/06 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

*popping dts on the head* Behave! Wink

They also write TGIF -- Toes Go In First -- as well

Kelli

PostPosted: 12/13/06 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Well, if that's the case it seems to have worked OK for ND. Maybe the Purdue players/KG should try that instead of "Never Again". I mean, maybe KG isn't tripping over her head as much as she is her feet. (A win over Butler doesn't convince me that KG's solution works or that Purdue has truly 'bounce(d) back').

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Bravo. Laughing

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kelli wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Well, if that's the case it seems to have worked OK for ND. Maybe the Purdue players/KG should try that instead of "Never Again". I mean, maybe KG isn't tripping over her head as much as she is her feet. (A win over Butler doesn't convince me that KG's solution works or that Purdue has truly 'bounce(d) back').

And Notre Lame hasn't convinced me of anything. They beat Purdue when the Boilermakers were hardly playing like they could. Who else have the Iwish beaten??

miatamama

PostPosted: 12/13/06 11:59 pm    ::: Oh come on Reply Reply with quote

Listen, I'm a Purdue fan and regularly attend games, but here's a note to all the Purdue fans who are slinging cr*p at the ND fans about this game: GET OVER IT. All your nasty comments, all your arrows will not remove the HUGE "L" in the column. The fact is that if Purdue is such a great team they should have won that game. They chose to tank it at exactly the WRONG time.

This new coach was supposed to bring nirvana to Boiler land--a Purdue alum who has been glorified as the 2nd coming for her brilliant coaching ability, her hard-core physical conditioning, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Her team just didn't play for her--so no matter how hard she practices them, no matter how hard she yells at them they didn't get the job done.

SO PURDUE FANS---GET OVER IT. YOU LOST. ND WON. Wasn't the first time, won't be the last time. Let them bask in the glory of their victory because you're all coming off as a bunch of whiners and sore losers. Sometimes teams get beat - for whatever reason - THEY GET BEAT. The "L" is what counts. MOVE ON. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

PostPosted: 12/14/06 12:09 am    ::: Re: Oh come on Reply Reply with quote

miatamama wrote:
Listen, I'm a Purdue fan and regularly attend games, but here's a note to all the Purdue fans who are slinging cr*p at the ND fans about this game: GET OVER IT. All your nasty comments, all your arrows will not remove the HUGE "L" in the column. The fact is that if Purdue is such a great team they should have won that game. They chose to tank it at exactly the WRONG time.

This new coach was supposed to bring nirvana to Boiler land--a Purdue alum who has been glorified as the 2nd coming for her brilliant coaching ability, her hard-core physical conditioning, BLAH BLAH BLAH. Her team just didn't play for her--so no matter how hard she practices them, no matter how hard she yells at them they didn't get the job done.

SO PURDUE FANS---GET OVER IT. YOU LOST. ND WON. Wasn't the first time, won't be the last time. Let them bask in the glory of their victory because you're all coming off as a bunch of whiners and sore losers. Sometimes teams get beat - for whatever reason - THEY GET BEAT. The "L" is what counts. MOVE ON. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Here's a tip for you. My disdain of Notre Lame goes back decades, not just one game. So you can take your advice and shove it off onto someone who didn't grow up hating the Iwish.

joetro

PostPosted: 12/14/06 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ND also beat Bowling Green.

miatamama

PostPosted: 12/14/06 9:08 am    ::: ND beats Purdue Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTTEN--so you applied to ND and were rejected? Or your kid did or some such thing. Or you couldn't afford to go there or have something against people with money who send their kids there...Nothing like a sore loser to pollute the waters....

Stop whining, get over it. In sports and life sometimes you lose. It's how people handle defeat that is much more illustrative of their character than how they handle victory. Laughing Wink Crying or Very sad Wink Crying or Very sad Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: