RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ohio State @ LSU
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bucks4now wrote:
Again it amazes me how Big Ten fans cheer against the Big Ten. Purdue lost 2 games this week and I didn't see any "smack" from Buckeye fans on this board. The more the Big Ten loses outside of the league, the more it hurts your own team in the long run.

The embarrassment in Mackey Arena last March was not the fact that Ohio State lost, it was the fact that so many Purdue fans were cheering against them. OTOH, when Purdue rallied to beat UCLA, most Buckeye fans, include Donna Foster, (Jim's wife) whom I was sittng by, were standing and cheering for the Boilers.

What a shame sportsmanship isn't taught anymore. And people wonder why this is such a hateful country...

Not all Purdue fans. I sincerely wish that Ohio State would have won. Any wins they and the rest of the conference get in the OOC makes Purdue look better when the Boilers win the Big 10.

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Actually, against LSU, I am for sure a OSU fan.

I harbor no ill will against OSU really. I have bigger fish to fry in-conference. **AHEM**purdont**AHEM**

Sometimes I actually find it hard to root for some IU athletics if you are refering to the overall spectrum here. I wouldn't root for IU men's basketball if you paid me.

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Purdue.

Does this mean that Baylor should be in the top-10? Hmmm??? I wonder. Question Question

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Curious to know how Accomodatingly's Fowles-fouls hypothesis played out.

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't consider myself a poor sportswoman at all. Purdue's rival for the Big 10 Championship, imo, is OSU. At any point -- pre-NCAA Champ dance -- that OSU falls, it makes the reality of my team being conference champs just that much closer. Besides, I too am one of those who feel OSU and Davenport have been grossly overrated. You played total cupcakes so far and now the proof of the overrating is beginning to reveal itself. Understood?

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 8:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:

I harbor no ill will against OSU really. I have bigger fish to fry in-conference. **AHEM**purdont**AHEM**

Sometimes I actually find it hard to root for some IU athletics if you are refering to the overall spectrum here. I wouldn't root for IU men's basketball if you paid me.

In your dreams, sweetie. In your dreams. Very Happy Having said that, I'm very glad that IU's program is getting stronger. I sure look forward to seeing them this season.

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/10/06 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:
Again it amazes me how Big Ten fans cheer against the Big Ten. Purdue lost 2 games this week and I didn't see any "smack" from Buckeye fans on this board. The more the Big Ten loses outside of the league, the more it hurts your own team in the long run.

The embarrassment in Mackey Arena last March was not the fact that Ohio State lost, it was the fact that so many Purdue fans were cheering against them. OTOH, when Purdue rallied to beat UCLA, most Buckeye fans, include Donna Foster, (Jim's wife) whom I was sittng by, were standing and cheering for the Boilers.

What a shame sportsmanship isn't taught anymore. And people wonder why this is such a hateful country...

Not all Purdue fans. I sincerely wish that Ohio State would have won. Any wins they and the rest of the conference get in the OOC makes Purdue look better when the Boilers win the Big 10.

bucks4now, I understand where you are coming from and I agree with PUMatty. He, as well as some other Purdue fans, is never one to shove a loss in someones face. Some fans let their team get to them. I do think it's sad this thread was started how it was but I can't control peoples ways, but I hope this doesn't discourage you from posting here. We're not all like this.

PostPosted: 12/10/06 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
eyevolley4 wrote:

In your dreams, sweetie. In your dreams. Very Happy Having said that, I'm very glad that IU's program is getting stronger. I sure look forward to seeing them this season.

I actually find the Boilermakers generally difficult to dislike in basketball - both men's and women's at this point. That is probably aided by the fact that I have extreme disliking for our men's basketball program.

I won't really cheer for Versyp, but I am a fan of Erin Lawless, and I like LWH and Gearlds. I liked Bogdonova as well and was sad she got hurt.

But...... dreams came true last season, we can hope for another. With rivalries, anything can happen and Purdue/Versyp should know not to overlook IU this season.

PostPosted: 12/10/06 9:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:

Thanks for remembering me! Fowles played 34 minutes and finished the game with two fouls. I don't know how many, if any, she picked up in the first half: can anyone tell me?

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/10/06 9:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

Thanks for remembering me! Fowles played 34 minutes and finished the game with two fouls. I don't know how many, if any, she picked up in the first half: can anyone tell me?

She was charged with one foul in the first half.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 12/10/06 11:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PurdueBBall3 wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

*takes bow*

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/11/06 1:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
PurdueBBall3 wrote:
accommodatingly wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

*takes bow*

Before raising your head, Accommodatingly, I want to warn you that I am about to launch a devastating intellectual assault on your three-prong hypothesis ... well, actually, against 1/3 of your hypothesis.

Your first prong (1 or fewer first half Fowles-fouls) was scientifically confirmed by the LSU blowout of OSU.

Your second prong (2 Fowles-fouls) was effectively confirmed in last season's LSU-UConn nail biter.

However, the third prong of your first half hypothesis (3 Fowles-fouls) is simply impossible under the known laws of our current basketball space-time continuum. It conflicts directly with the Pokey Two-Foul Principle.

And we all know principles trump hypotheses.

A 2/3 bow is still permissible.

Koopster

PostPosted: 12/11/06 11:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

Another Purdue fan that was rooting for tOSU as well as the rest of the conference.

I will even take it a step further and give a few props to Davenport. Since tOSU had a reputation of bring overrated against very good competition, I have read on more than one message board about her ability. I cannot name one team where she would not be in the starting line-up. She might not be the best #5 in the game, but would be welcomed on any team...especially by those who choose to knock her down a peg.

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/11/06 11:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

Well, you're an angel. We all know that. *cough

I didn't want Ohio State to win because I felt they should be exposed. They were. It's all good now.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 12/12/06 12:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

I didn't want Ohio State to win because I felt they should be exposed. They were. It's all good now.

You just can't help yourself can you?

ILUVBIGTEN

PostPosted: 12/12/06 12:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

You just can't help yourself can you?

Wink

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 12/12/06 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ILUVBIGTEN wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
bucks4now wrote:

Ha! You know I love you more than my luggage.

Don't forget to call home tomorrow re Father's appointment with the doctor, bucko.

BBFan23

PostPosted: 12/12/06 6:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since when is cheering for one team and not another team poor sportsmanship?

I would rather cheer for a team that has a coach that treats players with respect and not a coach who uses the F word a boatload of times and degrades their players on and off the court. To me... that is not sportsmanship or respect.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: