RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Marissa Coleman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bigorange123

PostPosted: 12/11/06 9:39 am    ::: Marissa Coleman Reply Reply with quote

Keep your eyes on Coleman....

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bal-sp.coleman11dec11,0,1516839.story?coll=bal-sports-headlines

PostPosted: 12/11/06 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I have been keeping my eyes on Marissa since the first time I saw her play. Smile

That's a great article, btw, I was about to post it here myself!

eyevolley4

PostPosted: 12/11/06 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Very true. It took one look at Coleman's game to know she's the real deal.

Every player on the Maryland squad seems to bring a truly different approach to basketball and the game. The fact that they have so many truly different pieces is one of the things that I feel drove them to a championship last season, even with their youth. They come at you in so many different ways.

Coleman, of course, is the most well-rounded player on the squad, and has the most versatile game. Her triple-double shows that, and while they aren't a team known for defense, Coleman herself is a solid defender. Finally, Coleman's body looked WNBA-ready from the moment she set foot on the court her freshman season.

PostPosted: 12/11/06 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:

Coleman, of course, is the most well-rounded player on the squad

I agree with you. Interestingly, in this year's Maryland Media Guide, most of the players were asked to name the team's best all-around player. Most who chose to answer the question named Langhorne, while Lang herself named Marissa. (How incredible to have such great choices!!)

Bigorange123

PostPosted: 12/11/06 4:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eyevolley4 wrote:
Very true. It took one look at Coleman's game to know she's the real deal.

Every player on the Maryland squad seems to bring a truly different approach to basketball and the game. The fact that they have so many truly different pieces is one of the things that I feel drove them to a championship last season, even with their youth. They come at you in so many different ways.

Coleman, of course, is the most well-rounded player on the squad, and has the most versatile game. Her triple-double shows that, and while they aren't a team known for defense, Coleman herself is a solid defender. Finally, Coleman's body looked WNBA-ready from the moment she set foot on the court her freshman season.

Your assessment is dead on. I first saw Coleman play in the WBCA high school allstar game in Indy (WF4 2005) and my jaw dropped! Surprised) You can see the difference in her game defensively this year... and she will only get better. With the unselfish, team first attitude the Terps have- they will all continue to get better.
But Coleman for sure won me over in that allstar game!

PostPosted: 12/11/06 8:40 pm    ::: those Reply Reply with quote

shoulders are made for the WNBA, she's tough! I wish her well down the road!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: