RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Daugherty's last year at the UW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sass

PostPosted: 12/10/06 2:49 pm    ::: Daugherty's last year at the UW? Reply Reply with quote

I hope so.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/295304_uwom09.html

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
hooper1

PostPosted: 12/11/06 1:53 am    ::: Re: Daugherty's last year at the UW? Reply Reply with quote

Sass wrote:
I hope so.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/cbasketball/295304_uwom09.html

Oh, me too! The team needs some new blood, better recruiting, and some positive energy.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/11/06 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I haven't really followed up closely with Washington, but looking back, they've had some pretty decent teams. Considering how much talent is being recruited out of Washington, I'm surprised they haven't made a move to being at least a top-25 team.

But I think that the Pac-10 is suffering from some not so great coaches. Same situation would go at UCLA with Kathy Olivier who truly needs to go.

But the tide seems to be turning with good coaches being hired at OSU, Cal and USC.

hooper1

PostPosted: 12/11/06 7:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
I haven't really followed up closely with Washington, but looking back, they've had some pretty decent teams. Considering how much talent is being recruited out of Washington, I'm surprised they haven't made a move to being at least a top-25 team.

But I think that the Pac-10 is suffering from some not so great coaches. Same situation would go at UCLA with Kathy Olivier who truly needs to go.

But the tide seems to be turning with good coaches being hired at OSU, Cal and USC.

I think the key to your analysis is "considering how much talent is being recruited out of Washington" -- not much talent is going to UW unfortunately. I'm down to attending only a couple games a year anymore for the Huskies (and that's only to see the opposing teams)... the team is flat, the coaching is flat, and the quality isn't there.

USC and Cal are the teams to watch.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 12/11/06 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm rooting for Cal to do well as they were kind of a conference doormat before.

I think USC is underachieving, but they have a lot of injury problems. The way they look now, they're on the bubble to make the post-season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: