RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DePaul vs Rutgers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/07/06 8:51 pm    ::: DePaul vs Rutgers Reply Reply with quote

Blue Demons up 44-38 at the half

PostPosted: 12/07/06 10:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

DePaul wins 87-73

PostPosted: 12/07/06 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was a really fun game to watch.

-- The best player on the court was clearly Allie Quigley. She was all over the place, knocking down big shots and just strokin' it on 3's. She finished with almost 40 points. It was amazing.

-- The second best player on the court was Caprice Smith. She played Kia Vaugh really tough in the post and she knocked down her shots and her free throws. She always seemed to hit a shot right when DePaul needed a bucket the most. I could live without Smith taking step-back 3's, but hey, whatever. She finished with 20 and 16 in a fantastic effort.

-- Ajavon was spectacular during a stretch at the beginning of the second half. She hit a couple 3's and did this one awesome flying reverse layup move that was an absolute thing of beauty. I saw flashes of greatness from this kid...something we didn't see in her first game against Duke on Monday. She's gonna be a star in no time.

-- Epiphany Prince is a darn good scorer. DePaul really shouldn't have kept leaving her wide open. She singlehandedly kept RU in it during stretches of the game.

-- The Sky repped big time at the game. There were a ton of Sky fans there. Our owner Michael Alter was there. As was president/CEO Margaret Stender. Coach Key was there. Brooke Wycoff was there. Obviously Chelsea was there (she's an RU assistant coach). It was like a big Chicago Sky party. It was fun.

-- If anyone was wondering what Khara Smith is up to theses days, she's very pregnant. She was at the game too.

Overall, it was a really good game. DePaul had control the entire game, but Rutgers definitely kept it close and interesting throughout. The Rutgers younguns are gonna be fun to watch over the next few years.

PostPosted: 12/08/06 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wish I could've seen it. Wtih Ajavon back, Rutgers should be more competitive. And Epiphany is only going to get better.

But good job for DePaul.

bullsky

PostPosted: 12/08/06 8:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hoopladreams wrote:
This was a really fun game to watch.

-- The best player on the court was clearly Allie Quigley. She was all over the place, knocking down big shots and just strokin' it on 3's. She finished with almost 40 points. It was amazing.

When her shot is on, it's amazing to watch her. She just pulls up for shots all over the place. I think she'll be a strong player in the Big East.

hoopladreams wrote:
-- The second best player on the court was Caprice Smith. She played Kia Vaugh really tough in the post and she knocked down her shots and her free throws. She always seemed to hit a shot right when DePaul needed a bucket the most. I could live without Smith taking step-back 3's, but hey, whatever. She finished with 20 and 16 in a fantastic effort.

She's improved her overall game. Last year she wasn't as good of a rebounder. She's helping fill the void of Khara Smith.

hoopladreams wrote:
-- Ajavon was spectacular during a stretch at the beginning of the second half. She hit a couple 3's and did this one awesome flying reverse layup move that was an absolute thing of beauty. I saw flashes of greatness from this kid...something we didn't see in her first game against Duke on Monday. She's gonna be a star in no time.

Good to see Ajavon get started. On Monday, she looked slow and really bad out on the floor. Good to see her comeback with a good game.

hoopladreams wrote:
-- The Sky repped big time at the game. There were a ton of Sky fans there. Our owner Michael Alter was there. As was president/CEO Margaret Stender. Coach Key was there. Brooke Wycoff was there. Obviously Chelsea was there (she's an RU assistant coach). It was like a big Chicago Sky party. It was fun.

That's cool! Are they promoting season tickets at these games?

hoopladreams wrote:
-- If anyone was wondering what Khara Smith is up to theses days, she's very pregnant. She was at the game too.

Wow. I wonder if the Silverstars knew this. Good for her, though. I'm still hoping she can make it to the WNBA.

PostPosted: 12/08/06 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Orange][Krush wrote:

hoopladreams wrote:

She's improved her overall game. Last year she wasn't as good of a rebounder. She's helping fill the void of Khara Smith.

Orange][Krush wrote:
hoopladreams wrote:

Wow. I wonder if the Silverstars knew this. Good for her, though. I'm still hoping she can make it to the WNBA.

Regarding Khara Smith, I was never a fan. She had size and decent post skills and good footwork, but she could hardly move. She didn't run, she waddled. She had foot problems, right? Or was it her knee? Whatever it was, it prevented her from being able to get up and down the court effectively...at least during her senior year. I thought she was WAAAY overated. I'd love for her to make a comeback just so that DePaul can have more representation in the league (Byears!), but I'd like to see Jenni Dant back more than her.

Orange][Krush wrote:
hoopladreams wrote:

That's cool! Are they promoting season tickets at these games?

Naw, they weren't really promting anything per se. It was just a group outing for Sky fans. Basically they encourage Sky fans to support the local college teams and to wear Sky gear to help promote the Sky at the same time. They've had two of these 'Sky Support Squad' outings thus far, with another one coming on the 18th (Northwestern vs. Georgia Tech). I think they're just trying to get the Sky brand out there and more visable in the community moreso than trying to sell ticket packages with this. It was fun.

PostPosted: 12/09/06 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kia didn't do too badly either, 5-10 fg and 15rbs isn't shabby at all.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: