RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Kentucky @ Louisville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeyc22

PostPosted: 12/03/06 2:49 pm    ::: Kentucky @ Louisville Reply Reply with quote

68-66 Lousiville with 5:28 left. UK led by Sam Mahoney with 23 points and Sarah Elliot with 13 and 9 boards. Louisville led by Angel McCoughtry with 19 points and 14 rebounds!

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 12/03/06 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Louisville 76-69 with 2:10 left. 49 total fouls so far. Sarah Elliot and Chante Bowman, starters for UK are out. Patrika Barlow, a starter out for Louisville.

mikeyc22

PostPosted: 12/03/06 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final: Louisville 83- Kentucky 75

Louisville leaders:
Angel McCoughtry: 21 pts, 15 rebs, 5 stls, 4 blocks
Yuliya Tokova: 20 pts, 9 rebs, 5 blocks

Kentucky Leaders:
Sam Mahoney: 27 pts

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 12/03/06 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

well done by the cardinals -- it'd be nice if and when Helen gets back....

And Mo Collins rocks -- MadTv's music video's are amazing

PostPosted: 12/03/06 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
well done by the cardinals -- it'd be nice if and when Helen gets back....

And Mo Collins rocks -- MadTv's music video's are amazing

Yes, Louisville has done well.

Haha, I know. Love MADTV!

sbjules

PostPosted: 12/03/06 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

She is, if you'll pardon the expression, a stud! I was very, very impressed with her in Santa Barbara.

24duzitall

PostPosted: 12/03/06 5:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sbjules wrote:
Quote:

She is, if you'll pardon the expression, a stud! I was very, very impressed with her in Santa Barbara.

oh yea,she's a stud all right! i am more impressed by her each time i see her play.

PostPosted: 12/04/06 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm wondering what happened to this Kentucky team that did so well last year ande made such a splash..

bballfan2005

PostPosted: 12/04/06 2:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
I'm wondering what happened to this Kentucky team that did so well last year ande made such a splash..

Lieberman curse strikes again! She had them right outside of the Top 10 in her preseason poll! Shocked

They don't work well with targets on their backs, apparently. Truth is, they probably overachieved last season and were overrated this preseason. I never really bought into the Kentucky hype like ESPN because they (1) lacked a true go-to player last year and (2) didn't improve at all personnel-wise from last season to this season.

They looked great against Michigan State last year in the NCAA Tournament, but was Michigan State a good team? I don't think so.

Mathies to LA 2013
adamspt2

PostPosted: 12/04/06 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Being a Kentucky fan, I'm sure I'm a bit biased, but...

Kentucky has the potential to be a top-25 team. They aren't playing that way now, and I would definitely say they are underachieving at this point. I think there are a couple of things going on. One, it is a little different actually having expectations. Two, we lost Roddy, a significant post player and they're trying to compensate for that.

With the exception of Roddy, we didn't lose any players with significant playing time from last year and we did add three solid freshmen. They may not have come in as immediate impact players, but they will contribute important minutes later in the season.

As for overachieving last year, the only thing that I felt was significant was the win over Tennessee. But come on, it had been 20 years, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Odds catch up with everybody, even Pat. While that did get a lot of splash, I felt like it was UK's generally solid SEC showing (finished 4th in the league) more than the win over UT that had people noticing UK.

Mahoney and Elliott are picking up where they left off and will be a solid inside-out combo (both are currently juniors). Kentucky is a solid team that should finish in the top half of the SEC provided they can regroup and learn from their losses so far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: