RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

AP Poll out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/27/06 3:19 pm    ::: AP Poll out Reply Reply with quote

http://www.sportsline.com/ncaawbasketball/polls/ap

Maryland still #1

Top 8 unchanged

Texas A&M in the top 10

Texas Tech in, UCLA out

PostPosted: 11/27/06 3:22 pm    ::: Re: AP Poll out Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://www.sportsline.com/ncaawbasketball/polls/ap

Maryland still #1

Top 8 unchanged

Texas A&M in the top 10

Texas Tech in, UCLA out

How in God's name is Kentucky still ranked ...

HomerCecil

PostPosted: 11/27/06 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow, I'm in Lexington and I don't get it. I guess they're the Notre Dame of this year... Remember how they just wouldn't fall out of the polls last year?

I honestly think half the people who vote don't pay any attention to what happens. How does Delaware only get nine votes when it hammers Kentucky, who remains ranked?

4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 11/27/06 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KY is breaking my heart, already. I had them as a team to watch...and I am watching them slide out of sight.

Kudos to the Lady Longhorns breaking in...I really didn't expect them to make much noise. I'll sure be making some noise in Austin in about four weeks...Hook 'Em Horns!!

PostPosted: 11/27/06 7:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i agree about kentucky but i can't see why louisville is climbing playing teams like winthrop and dayton. they are 6-0 but they haven't played anyone but ucsb-who isn't really anyone. their schedule has 3 ranked opponents on it and one of them is kentucky! go figure.

PostPosted: 11/27/06 8:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

24duzitall wrote:
i agree about kentucky but i can't see why louisville is climbing playing teams like winthrop and dayton. they are 6-0 but they haven't played anyone but ucsb-who isn't really anyone. their schedule has 3 ranked opponents on it and one of them is kentucky! go figure.

I think at this point of the season, we see teams climb and fall based more on their records than who they've played. It should be interesting how well Louisville does once they enter into Big East play.

RedEqualsLuck

PostPosted: 11/27/06 9:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
24duzitall wrote:

I think at this point of the season, we see teams climb and fall based more on their records than who they've played. It should be interesting how well Louisville does once they enter into Big East play.

I think considering it's a down year this season for the BEast, they might make some serious noise....

PostPosted: 11/27/06 9:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just wait. Remember some teams stay in the top 25 like ND did because of the name. It's hard for me to believe that every voter even pays attention to all of the good teams. they just go on name. Just going on the past.

24duzitall

PostPosted: 11/27/06 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
24duzitall wrote:

I think considering it's a down year this season for the BEast, they might make some serious noise....

i have been to two of their games so far-my gf is a sth- the bright spot is angel. she has loads of talent AND she plays all out all the time. wish i could say that about jazz and the others but they haven't shown much yet. they have lots of work to do if they are going to make some noise. i am hopeful they do well, but for now i just don't see it.

PostPosted: 11/28/06 9:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Right now for me Stanford and Rutgers are playing that NAME GAME! Cool

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
potd41

PostPosted: 11/28/06 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How is it that ASU was 13th with a 4-1 record last week, and now are 14th with a 5-1 record. Can anyone explain the voting system to me as to why that would have happened.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/28/06 5:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

potd41 wrote:
How is it that ASU was 13th with a 4-1 record last week, and now are 14th with a 5-1 record. Can anyone explain the voting system to me as to why that would have happened.

Well, it seems that Vanderbilt and Baylor moved up and had impressive wins. That could explain it.

maroondevil

PostPosted: 11/29/06 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
potd41 wrote:

Well, it seems that Vanderbilt and Baylor moved up and had impressive wins. That could explain it.

I wondered that as well and it makes sense Baylor and Vandy had a few quality wins, ASU only beat Western KY and had the game against Rutgers called off.

potd41

PostPosted: 11/29/06 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maroondevil wrote:
fancy_daniel wrote:
potd41 wrote:

I wondered that as well and it makes sense Baylor and Vandy had a few quality wins, ASU only beat Western KY and had the game against Rutgers called off.

I understand that, but, why didn't they just stay at 13 instead of dropping a spot to 14. A win is a win.

fancy_daniel

PostPosted: 11/29/06 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You would have to ask the AP writers that.

Maybe a tight win against an unranked team was their downfall. Don't worry, they got a good game coming up in a few weeks versus Texas Tech. If they pound them, they should move up, provided they also win the next couple of games.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/29/06 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fancy_daniel wrote:
You would have to ask the AP writers that.

Maybe a tight win against an unranked team was their downfall. Don't worry, they got a good game coming up in a few weeks versus Texas Tech. If they pound them, they should move up, provided they also win the next couple of games.

Or maybe, just maybe, the voters think that Vanderblt and Baylor are better than ASU. Isn't that what the poll is supposed to rank???

PurdueBBall3

PostPosted: 11/29/06 9:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I think an important question to keep in mind is: Since when does any poll make absolute, 100% sense? Think back to how many of these polls you've looked at that leave you scratching your head. I know it sucks when your team is part of that confusion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: