RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

How bad is Virginia Tech?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 11/28/06 9:02 pm    ::: How bad is Virginia Tech? Reply Reply with quote

Tonight they lost to William & Mary....at home....by 23 points

PostPosted: 11/28/06 9:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

oooooooooouch.

PostPosted: 11/29/06 12:54 am    ::: A long winter in Blacksburg... Reply Reply with quote

I knew the Gobblers would be rebuilding after losing a few seniors, but I never expected this. (Remember, Tech earlier lost at home to nearby rival Radford.) Virginia's been a slight disappointment, but at least the Cavaliers beat Old Dominion and Marquette before two players left the team earlier this month. Expect Tech and Clemson to battle to avoid the ACC basement.

PostPosted: 11/29/06 1:42 am    ::: Re: A long winter in Blacksburg... Reply Reply with quote

umcp77 wrote:
Virginia's been a slight disappointment, but at least the Cavaliers beat Old Dominion and Marquette before two players left the team earlier this month.[/color]

Um, the Marquette victory came AFTER Granberry and Kenion left. Check the box score. And a team being 1-2 since that game while playing three freshmen significant minutes (and without senior post Siedah Williams for two of those games) isn't terrible, IMHO. Your team won't want to face them come ACC season, trust me.

As for Virginia Tech, well...what did people outside the ACC expect from them? What did you expect from them, umcp77? Don't you know anything about the ACC outside of Maryland? Geez.

They lost four starters from last season and the one returning starter is anything but a leader. Factor in Dunkenberger's inability to coach and you've got what we see right now--youth (10 underclassmen) and rampant inexperience. This is expected, folks. They will be up and down this season. For starters, they lost to Radford (a mediocre Big South team) but defeated West Virginia, a team that gave #10 Texas A&M a scare last week. I'm not sure why we're getting down on VT. Most of us weren't expecting too much from them this season, but at least they have played against a Top 15 team so far this season. Only two other ACC teams can make similar claims, and neither team played in last year's Final Four.

Mathies to LA 2013
pilight

PostPosted: 11/29/06 7:20 am    ::: Re: A long winter in Blacksburg... Reply Reply with quote

bballfan2005 wrote:
As for Virginia Tech, well...what did people outside the ACC expect from them?

I thought they'd be towards the bottom of the conference. I didn't expect them to get blown off their home floor by a mid-pack CAA team.

PostPosted: 11/29/06 7:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This was on the local news this am, and yeah the report was not at all speaking favorably about the team, the players or this loss.

The quote that sticks out in my mind was "Brittany Cook played 17 mintes and scored ZERO points"...I hated hearing that even though it is a fact, just because she is a hometown girl. I really wish they just would have left that tid-bit of info out of their little report. Shes not the first local player to 'stink it up' in a game, but she is the first (male or female) to be referenced in such a manner.

sidenote: bballfan I loved your post

Well behaved women seldom make history...

Eer's & Hoo's & Huskies & me Libbie's !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: