RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Stanford vs. Tennessee
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PUmatty

PostPosted: 11/25/06 1:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this point it is clear that a dunk is one offensive tool that Parker has among many. So for me, it is like when she makes a lay up or a jump shot. At this point no more interesting than those. And to me, if dunking is to come to the women's game, that is exactly how it should happen.

Orange][Krush wrote:
Holy crap. I'm slow(or tired. Damn day after christmas). I didn't know Candace dunked! Good for her! I wonder what rants we'll here about it tomorrow. Does anyone want to start a betting pool? Laughing

Grumps

PostPosted: 11/25/06 3:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
At this point it is clear that a dunk is one offensive tool that Parker has among many. So for me, it is like when she makes a lay up or a jump shot. At this point no more interesting than those. And to me, if dunking is to come to the women's game, that is exactly how it should happen.

Orange][Krush wrote:
Holy crap. I'm slow(or tired. Damn day after christmas). I didn't know Candace dunked! Good for her! I wonder what rants we'll here about it tomorrow. Does anyone want to start a betting pool? Laughing

Parker got about as loud an ovation for hitting her first 3 of the season as she did for the dunk...After watching practice last year in the preseason I thought she would have had more dunks last season...She should get a few more this season as long as she can stay healthy...She took a beating tonight, got undercut once, and Brooke Smith tried to roll up her leg during one of her floor flops...

Grumps

readyAIMfire53

PostPosted: 11/25/06 8:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"At this point it is clear that a dunk is one offensive tool that Parker has among many. So for me, it is like when she makes a lay up or a jump shot. At this point no more interesting than those. And to me, if dunking is to come to the women's game, that is exactly how it should happen. "

PUmatty: you speak my mind on this! When a player is capable of it, the dunk is the highest percentage shot. It's nice to see a player like Parker who has the dunk as just one of the many shots in her arsenal.

~rAf

~rAf
luvDhoops

PostPosted: 11/25/06 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

Exact truth. However, you know there will be some who will continue to harp on her dunking as being the only great aspect of her game and that, that is where the "hype" stems from. It's really not at all and if she decided to never dunk the ball again, her "hype" would still be well deserved.

Totally agree about how dunking should come to the women's game.

wnbafans10

PostPosted: 11/25/06 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe CP3 dunked again, I gotta start watching these games somehow...I don't think alot of them are on tv...

Atlanta: Please don't take Jamie Carey in the expansion draft!!!!
shizanna

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For those who were bitching about Candace not trying to dunk against a quality team...

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:
For those who were bitching about Candace not trying to dunk against a quality team...

Quality team? You mean the one with a losing record and no wins over likely NCAA teams?

shizanna

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stanford compared to Army? I'll give Stanford the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shizanna wrote:
Stanford compared to Army? I'll give Stanford the benefit of the doubt.

My tongue was mostly in firmly in my cheek.

shizanna

PostPosted: 11/27/06 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gotcha. Wink

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: