RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Armentie Price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CB

PostPosted: 11/18/06 8:55 am    ::: Armentie Price Reply Reply with quote

and Ole Miss were at Autry Court in Houston last night to play the Rice Owls.

The story in an exciting double overtime win for Rice was the unstoppable Lauren Neaves, the 6'2" forward senior of Rice (28 points, 17 rebounds), and senior Samantha Stovall's eagle eye passes, overall play, and most importantly, her stifling defense on Armentie Price. Very Happy

Price had an off night, her shots banging off the backboard more often than not when she attempted one. Does she usually hit free throws, cus we mostly saw clankers. Price is very, very quick with sculpted arms, athletic, but didn't show much else (except that mask) the whole night. Very disappointing as I looked forward to seeing her.

Greg Williams, Rice's coach:
"I can't say enough about the people who guarded Price, because she is about to join some of the all-time greats in the game."

Van Chancellor and his wife were there as were Tom and Jae Cross and their children.

A 92-91 double overtime thriller at Autry Court! Go Owls!

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 11/18/06 11:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow...Mississippi misses 25 FTs and loses by 1.....

wow

CB

PostPosted: 11/18/06 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kris Gardner has an excellent story on the game. Riverin was even more clutch than I thought for Rice.

http://www.thehrr.com/HRR_blog_womens_hoops/2006/11/lady-owls-win-wild-one-over-mississippi.html#links

CB

PostPosted: 11/18/06 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NoDakSt said: "Wow...Mississippi misses 25 FTs and loses by 1.....

wow"

I know, that was incredible. Really though, Rice seemed to have the game in hand a few times when all starters were in the game, but they would let up when Neaves and Berezhynska - BeerGinSco(tch, Laughing ) - left the game, no scoring for Rice when they were out practically.

Everyone was upset with the refs, all the whistles, the game ran loooong.

The last couple of shots by Riverin and either Fulton or Loggins maybe had the small crowd on their feet!

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 11/18/06 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a Rebel and a Rebel fan and I am disappointed in her efforts last night. However, I'm also glad that the rest of the team stepped up. Our freshman, Easley, was huge and Goff off the bench. Price has struggled with FTs but has gotten better. She is quick and works very hard. I guess she just had one of those nights. In her previous two games, she scored 34 and 24 points, respectively. Keep your eye on her, she won't have many nights like that!

PostPosted: 11/18/06 11:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't Rice score a huge upset or two last year? Vs. La Tech, maybe? Remind me, please?

CB

PostPosted: 11/19/06 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comet_fan_97 wrote:
I'm a Rebel and a Rebel fan and I am disappointed in her efforts last night. However, I'm also glad that the rest of the team stepped up. Our freshman, Easley, was huge and Goff off the bench. Price has struggled with FTs but has gotten better. She is quick and works very hard. I guess she just had one of those nights. In her previous two games, she scored 34 and 24 points, respectively. Keep your eye on her, she won't have many nights like that!

Hi. Yes, others did step up and the game was very close in the end. Awkward and Black caught my eye as well. I would bet Price's next opponent will have a lot to handle.

accommodatingly, I didn't get to make many Rice games last year, conflicting schedule or something, and so didn't follow them that closely but I'll look into that - actually, I will just ask someone else probably. Smile

edited: Here is the 2005-06 schedule with results. Maybe Texas Tech would have been an upset? I didn't see many others that would have been that I am familiar with. Hope this helps. Smile

http://riceowls.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/stats/2005-2006/teamstat.html

comet_fan_97

PostPosted: 11/19/06 5:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You were right, the next opponent didn't get off that easily. Rhode Island had something to prove today, like Rice did, but they were unsuccessful in avenging their loss last year. We actually be them much worse this year. Armintie had a better outing in less minutes today.

See here: http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?KEY=NMBNLOCMGBDERSP.20061115015408&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=693811

Go REBS!

PostPosted: 11/19/06 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

comet_fan_97 wrote:
You were right, the next opponent didn't get off that easily. Rhode Island had something to prove today, like Rice did, but they were unsuccessful in avenging their loss last year. We actually be them much worse this year. Armintie had a better outing in less minutes today.

See here: http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?KEY=NMBNLOCMGBDERSP.20061115015408&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=693811

Go REBS!

Smile 18 points in 21 minutes with 6 rebounds and 75% on the free throws this time, 4 assists and 1 steal, 6-7 field goals. Nice. I would say that ankle or whatever it was she tweaked is doing just fine. Congrats on the win! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: