RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Purdue vs Washington

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/17/06 7:32 pm    ::: Purdue vs Washington Reply Reply with quote

Boilers are kicking ass in the second half. Gearlds with 23 points so far with 9 minutes to go and are up 68-44 over Washington.

This game was slated in between the WNIT games, so Sunday will be a true test for the Boilers at Baylor in the WNIT Championship game.

PostPosted: 11/17/06 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Final score is 88-64 Purdue. Didn't catch the game on streaming radio but Purdue shot 57% during the game and had a 15 rebounding edge over the Huskies. Going to get it done every time.

lola528

PostPosted: 11/17/06 9:16 pm    ::: :: Reply Reply with quote

Boilers kicked ass right to the end and took no prisoners. KG ended up with 31 points. The SV era has begun in earnest. Hot damn. Very Happy

Koopster

PostPosted: 11/17/06 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had a feeling this might have been the one to sneak up on us...so many games could have fostered some sort of let down and this was only the second game for a pretty good Washington team coming off of a road loss in their opener. It was quite close until Purdue went on I believe a 19 point run...game over. I hope our legs aren't too wobbly for Baylor.

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/17/06 10:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Koopster wrote:
I had a feeling this might have been the one to sneak up on us...so many games could have fostered some sort of let down and this was only the second game for a pretty good Washington team coming off of a road loss in their opener. It was quite close until Purdue went on I believe a 19 point run...game over. I hope our legs aren't too wobbly for Baylor.

I am relishing this game with Baylor, and I'm pretty sure SV is too. Hey, this is how the tourney is done: a game, one day off, then another game.

This team needs to play this type of game on the road.......with the development of Freeman and Campbell, I feel much better about our bench than I did before the season started. It sounds to me like those two are gaining confidence and if they play with confidence then they are capable of having some great games.

I can't wait to see SV match wits with KMR. Should hopefully be fun.

PostPosted: 11/17/06 11:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Did the radio announcers say what the deal was with Jodi Howell? She played very few minutes and didn't start the second half. She also looked sore and pale as a sheet. Hope she feels better on Sunday

IndyPurduefan

PostPosted: 11/18/06 7:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Capri wrote:
Did the radio announcers say what the deal was with Jodi Howell? She played very few minutes and didn't start the second half. She also looked sore and pale as a sheet. Hope she feels better on Sunday

I didn't know she didn't start the second half till this morning, and that was only because it was mentioned in the article I read.

Hopefully she's okay, because we NEED her to be okay. And hopefully it was nothing more than her not feeling well.

PostPosted: 11/18/06 8:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if Jodi was sick or not. I do know that she appeared bewildered and easily flustered. After the first 2-3 minutes of the game, I was thinking that Versyp needed to pull her and put Danielle in -- which she ended up doing. Jodi did get more playing time here and there and got in a couple of nice plays, but she never appeared to be really clicking into the game. I just have to say that the 3 pointer made by Katie at the end of the first half was pure, grade A beauty, as was our holding them scoreless for the first 5 minutes in the second half. It was a solidly fun game to watch for any Boiler fan.

Koopster

PostPosted: 11/18/06 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't hear anything in the post-game and wouldn't be too concerned unless we hear otherwise. While it is all to true that Jodi will likely always have knee problems, I thought she moved well in the second half and even showed more penetration (not more than we've already seen this year...just that we didn't see any last year).

I am guessing Campbell got the second half start due to Versyp wanting to start the second half with more length and height, as well as Campbell playing a very good first half.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: