RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Score Displaying Spoilers 102 v. Tivo Watchers 65

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RubberTroll

PostPosted: 11/11/06 4:33 am    ::: Score Displaying Spoilers 102 v. Tivo Watchers 65 Reply Reply with quote

Score Displaying Spoilers, fresh off the unsupervised play of a foul call free summer of open gym, took their wild, pedal to the metal offense directly at the rusty, execution faltering play of the (normally) more disciplined and more deliberate Tivo Watchers. Officials too, were displaying the effects of the off-season with late calls and creative interpretations of the rules. A sloppy game was had by all.

Just a friendly reminder that score are best kept from the subject line to brighten the lives of the time-shifting members of our audience.

Teams in title == Good, Scores in title == not so much so.

This message was sponsored by the maker of Tivo brand DVRs. A promotion consideration was paid in exchange for this message.

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 11/11/06 10:42 pm    ::: Re: Score Displaying Spoilers 102 v. Tivo Watchers 65 Reply Reply with quote

RubberTroll wrote:
Score Displaying Spoilers, fresh off the unsupervised play of a foul call free summer of open gym, took their wild, pedal to the metal offense directly at the rusty, execution faltering play of the (normally) more disciplined and more deliberate Tivo Watchers. Officials too, were displaying the effects of the off-season with late calls and creative interpretations of the rules. A sloppy game was had by all.

Just a friendly reminder that score are best kept from the subject line to brighten the lives of the time-shifting members of our audience.

This message was sponsored by the maker of Tivo brand DVRs. A promotion consideration was paid in exchange for this message.

BUMP. Reb, would you consider sticky-ing this one for the first few weeks of the college season?

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/12/06 11:10 am    ::: Re: Score Displaying Spoilers 102 v. Tivo Watchers 65 Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
RubberTroll wrote:

BUMP. Reb, would you consider sticky-ing this one for the first few weeks of the college season?

Sure, but I believe another topic should be created, and be a bit more straight forward(blunt) towards the intended audience.

KatValeska

PostPosted: 11/12/06 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeesh - someone makes the mistake of looking at a wbb forum and is disappointed there are results showing.

File a whine and a new law is established.
Hmmm - sounds a bit like the fine town of Boulder.

Goodness forbid that we might be adults that understood RubberTroll's point and would respect the request - I had no problem with the request and, in fact, thought it was cleverly created.

And goodness forbid even more that one might take some personal responsibility - e.g. - I would avoid a wcbb forum like poison if there was a game I had on tivo, had not seen yet, and didn't want to know the score - until after I'd seen the game.

*repaeatedly chants 'love thy board police as thou would have the board police love you' - sigh*

accommodatingly

PostPosted: 11/12/06 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:
Yeesh - someone makes the mistake of looking at a wbb forum and is disappointed there are results showing.

Goodness forbid that we might be adults that understood RubberTroll's point and would respect the request - I had no problem with the request and, in fact, thought it was cleverly created.

And goodness forbid even more that one might take some personal responsibility - e.g. - I would avoid a wcbb forum like poison if there was a game I had on tivo, had not seen yet, and didn't want to know the score - until after I'd seen the game.

*repaeatedly chants 'love thy board police as thou would have the board police love you' - sigh*

Reb's point, and in fact the reason for making it a sticky, has to do with newbies, who by definition and through no fault of their own won't necessarily get jokes. Reb: good move w/ new sticky. RubberTroll: good point.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 11/12/06 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

accommodatingly wrote:
KatValeska wrote:

Reb's point, and in fact the reason for making it a sticky, has to do with newbies, who by definition and through no fault of their own won't necessarily get jokes. Reb: good move w/ new sticky. RubberTroll: good point.

I put one up, I'm off to Knoxville, be back later, if you think we need another one, I'll put it up there when I get back.

pilight

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

KatValeska wrote:

It appears that several people either failed to understand or refused to comply.

Not everyone on this board is an adult.

PostPosted: 11/12/06 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I get the point, Tivo watchers. Will curb my enthusiasm in the future.

Kat, that is a very cool avatar. Shelby Lynne is awesome! *singing* "Your love's the killing kiiiiiiiiiiind...". What a voice!

KatValeska

PostPosted: 11/13/06 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
KatValeska wrote:

It appears that several people either failed to understand or refused to comply.

There are other possiblities that you failed to mention - and ones I think are more likely - such as perhaps the poster didn't read the thead and/or notice the sticky.

I didn't mind the original request, and again, I enjoyed RT's the sense of humor.

And while I have nothing but respect for accommodatingly and reb, I still do not feel that lots of rules will make this a better forum. So what happens now to the posters that do henceforth post the score in the thread? Ban them? I hardly think the wcbb section of this great forum needs less posters.

I find it interesting that nobody addressed my point about personal responsibility.

I never say much about my little closeted conservative streak, but some of y'all flaunt such - so again, if I can take it upon myself to avoid seeing a score of a game I am waiting to watch on tivo - why is it so difficultfor others?

Because it's easier to put the onus on other posters, especially those intolerable newbies?

BTW tag3 - thanks. Shelby has had a mercurial rise to No. 2 on my favorite artist charts. My favorites of hers are Swingtown, Jesus on a Greyhound, Your Lies, and her version of I Walk the Line.

What a talent - and such versatility.

auntie

PostPosted: 11/13/06 7:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

I tried being an adult, but I don't like it. Too much responsibility. But I do agree not to put scores up front for those who have Tivos and DVRs, etc.

PostPosted: 11/13/06 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

auntie wrote:
pilight wrote:

I tried being an adult, but I don't like it. Too much responsibility. But I do agree not to put scores up front for those who have Tivos and DVRs, etc.

Adults are just children who owe money.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: