RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Voepel: Trouble in the Little Apple.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 10/06/06 8:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
Stephanie White's decision to leave her position as an asst coach at KSU for an assistant coach job at Toledo makes more sense.

Stephanie White was highly recruited by Patterson and K-State, thank God she stayed in her home state of Indiana. Smile

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
00NDROCKS

PostPosted: 10/06/06 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your a Coach of a Basketball Team, does this give you the right in forcing your believes on others????????

If you are Church going God fearing person must all the members of your team be??????

If you are a Homophobia, must all your assistants and players be as well??????

I believe Patterson and Portland are on some kind of major power trip.

Just what rights are you given for the title of Head Coach???????

" My best seasons in the WNBA have been the two that I spent in Indiana. Not only did I get the chance to play in front of some of the most passionate fans in the WNBA, but I also had an incredible opportunity to play alongside one of the best players in the history of the game in Tamika Catchings. " ANNA DEFORGE.
OU#1

PostPosted: 10/06/06 10:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've been trying to do the math - was Patterson at Vandy as an asst. when that graduating senior's letter to the Administration was somehow published? Seems like if my math is right, then Patterson learned from one of the best on how to be all-powerful and untouchable. That senior was the one that transferred in, if memory serves me right, and became a big scoring threat. Can't remember her name though but remember the brew-ha-ha it caused in the paper publishing a letter supposed to be confidential. Let's face it, Voepel has only scratched the surface of the dark side of collegiate athletics. Kudos to her for the wisdom and courage!

bballjunkee212

PostPosted: 10/06/06 11:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the dark side does not exist in college athletics alone. People all over the place are suffering because they work for bosses who may know the X's and O's of the operation, but do not have the temperament or the training to be a leader and mentor to the workplace.

PostPosted: 10/06/06 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

RedEqualsLuck wrote:

Could you possibly be talking Pre-DP era? wacko, could you try and clarify your statement?

I agree COMPLETELY, Red.

Though wasn't pre-DP the era of Brian Agler and his 4 am practices as Mechelle mentions.?

and I may be mistaken, but I don't think Deb P is homophobic as mentioned in an earlier post....

I think someone needs to wack the AD upside the head......

Quote:
For all the talk of dysfunction within the program,” Weiser told me Wednesday, “Deb has won a lot of games. We’ve averaged 7,000 to 8,000 fans. We won a Big 12 title. I wish I had this kind of dysfunction in all of my programs.”

Someone mentioned there is more concern for their football program woes....come to think of it, Weiser's been awfully busy replacing coaches Shocked How many programs have to find both a football coach and a men's basketball coach?

BBFan23

PostPosted: 10/06/06 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From an earlier article in the Topeka Capital Journal:

"It feels like almost everything we do at Kansas State is an outgrowth of what I learned in my time at Vanderbilt under coach Foster," said Patterson, who coached in one Final Four, one Elite Eight and two Sweet 16s in four years as a Vandy assistant.

I guess she has learned everything from Foster... including his pattern of treating many players terribly. Apples don't fall far from the tree...

http://catzone.cjonline.com/stories/032105/cat_tiebinds.shtml

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: